LGV Class 1 Driver
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Position: LGV Class 1 Driver (Multi Drop/Shop Delivery/Hand Ball)
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Rotating shifts (Monday-Friday, Tuesday-Sunday)
Salary: £12.95 per hour
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Savings Scheme
Closing Date: 24 September 2020
This is an exciting opportunity that A.F. Blakemore are recruiting for, in preparation for the opening of their brand new depot. The role will be based at an out base in Bedford and then will move to their new premises in the new year. Full information will be provided at interview.
The key purpose of this role is accurate and efficient delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with company procedures and standards. The planning and control of customer deliveries as required.
- Shop deliveries/hand ball/multi drop
- Use of PDA and body camera
- Ensuring that all vehicles driven comply with traffic regulations currently in force
- Adhering to current regulations regarding the number of hours worked and the use of tachographs
- Prompt reporting of refrigeration engine defects to management
- Prompt reporting of all accidents to the company and accidents reportable by law to the police
- Accurate and safe delivery of customers’ orders in accordance with delivery schedules
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy) is essential
- LGV Licence is essential
- Driver CPC essential
- C+E Licence is desirable
You may have experience of the following: Driver, HGV, Distribution, LGV Driver, Heavy Goods Vehicle, Class 1 Driver, Certificate of Professional Competence, CPC, Lorry Driver, C+E Driver, etc.
£12.95 per hour
30 days ago
LGV Class 1 Driver