Wisbech, GB, PE13 2RG
Upto £33,893 +Additional great benefits
42 hours per week - 2 days followed by 2 nights and then 4 days off (Days 06:00-18:00, Nights 18:00-06:00)
We are now looking for Line Leaders to be responsible for an assigned production line, ensuring that the production plan is fully adhered to in alignment with safety and quality compliance and legal requirements. To drive continuous excellence through managing and inspiring people.At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
Our Wisbech factory makes some of the UK’s most well known and much loved brands, such as Felix, Winalot, Gourmet, and Purina ONE, and is constantly developing to meet the changing needs of our consumers. All this happens in a vibrant and historic market town known as the capital of the Fens. For a town with a rich history it also has a strong vision for the future with continued investment planned to ensure Wisbech remains a great place to live, work and visit.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
Here at Purina we recently moved to a line centric approach to help create efficiencies with our production. This role is a key role for the factory.
Other key responsibilities:
• Manage the team to work within safe conditions, driving a safe culture to drive zero accidents and zero waste
• Work with the line team to prioritise to ensure production and maintenance plans are achieved
• Support engineering on unplanned stops root cause and resolution
• Support key priorities identified in the site Operational Master Plan
• Lead continuous excellence through employee engagement using tools to improve KPI’s and identify areas for improvement
• Be a role model for Personal Protective Equipment, Good Manufacturing Practice and ensure routines and standards are maintained and challenge where appropriate
• Develop organisational capability through coaching others and sharing best practices with the team
• Support Shift Manager and Line Performance Manager in calibration of Development Performance Review’
To be successful in this key role we expect you to demonstrate a proactive initiative mindset and passion for continuous improvement.
Other key attributes we are looking for are:
• Previous Team Leadership experience.
• Experience within FMCG environment.
• Quality First mindset.
• Passion for people and development.
• Demonstrate that you are a real team player.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth. This position is a shift based role and operates a 4 on 4 off approach including both day and night shift working.
The closing date for this role is 21st October 2020.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
To find out more about PURINA please visit: www.purina.co.uk
Ready to take the next step?