Major Incident and Problem Manager| Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Major Incident and Problem Manager within our Support Centre in Dunstable. Are you calm and collected when dealing with a Major Incident? Do you like getting to the root cause of problems? Do you always put the customer first when handling live production issues? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
About the role:
The Major Incident & Problem Manager will work across all IT Services/Suppliers and will be accountable for the end to end management of Major IT Incidents and Problems.
They will be the primary point of contact for communication to all senior business leaders and teams in relation to Major Incidents and will co-ordinate all activity from internal and external service providers throughout investigation and resolution of the incident.
The Major Incident and Problem Manager will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the Major Incident including the post incident activity, ensuring that problem records are raised and that all learnings are identified, mitigating actions are agreed and tracked through to implementation.
Within Problem Management, responsible for proactively identifying and driving problems & improvements across all services and suppliers to:
- Reduce or remove the business impacts from IT outages & incidents
- Reduce the of number incidents raised with the Service Desk
- Improve processes to resolve incidents more efficiently
- Improve customer experience and customer satisfaction when engaging IT
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that Major Incidents are managed in accordance with the MIM policy and procedures
- Business Impact Assessment of the Incident, setting the priority and deciding how the incident will be managed
- Assessment and decisions on supplier resolver groups to be engaged in the Major Incident
- Lead the investigation and resolution of the Major Incident including running Bridge Calls, documenting and tracking progress and the timeline through to resolution
- Accountable for communication to Senior Business Leaders relating to the MI
- Responsible for the Post Incident Review (PIR) meeting, collating and assigning actions
- Responsible for tracking the PIR actions and ensuring that they are completed within the agreed timescales
- Produce Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting on Major Incidents, Escalations and PIR action progress for Senior Business Leaders
- Facilitate the Daily Operational meeting
- Review all IT Change Requests and challenge plans where appropriate in order to ensure system stability and service availability is retained
- Provide timely and accurate communication/reports to management, colleagues, customers where required, including appropriate escalation of issues.
- Develop a clear understanding of business areas and how IT services support them. Develop and refine how IT incidents are prioritised based on the impact of incidents on these business services.
- Establish, maintain and maximise working relationships with key external partners/suppliers that provide support services. Work collaboratively with these parties on incidents, optimising their activities and ensuring that they are focused on service restoration.
- Support the continuous improvement of the MIM team and the Incident Management Process to reduce the business impact of IT Service interruption.
What you’ll need:
- To be equally as experienced with Incident Management as you are Problem Management.
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) and the IT applications and service processes used within own organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to act as a single point of contact for senior business stakeholders in relation to Major Incidents and Escalations
- Excellent communication skills with non-technical stakeholders to ensure that they understand the impact of Major Incidents and the actions taken to resolve
- Experience of management and maintenance of relationships with suppliers of planned and operational services.