In the Intelligence Directorate we collect, record and enhance intelligence to build a picture of SOC, sharing this with partners in the UK and abroad. Then, through the exploitation of intelligence, we flex law enforcement’s collective resources against these dynamic threats. We are continuously looking for new opportunities to enhance traditional capabilities to increase the quantity and quality of available intelligence and maximise its potential for exploitation.
Experience in personally developing software solutions to tight timeframes is essential. Experience of managing teams of software developers , delivering projects including the IT infrastructure to support them, managing security around software, programmes and infrastructure. In depth knowledge of mobile networks and associated technology is a role requirement.
Intelligence Collection - coordinates NCA collection capabilities against the Agency’s highest priorities. Intelligence Collection includes forensics, open source, covert human intelligence sources, undercover officers and technical collection capabilities.
ResponsibilitiesOn a day to day basis you will be managing and developing the team, based at Bristol. You will be responding to immediate operational capability gaps, working jointly with National and International Agencies in the TEI space, identifying emerging technology that could aid or threaten Technical Operations activities.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
• Software engineering degree, or relevant degree in a computer/science/technology/engineering/mathematics related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience in software development in the TEI space.
Please ensure the dates of any accreditations you are relying on, are entered on to the CV.
Should you progress to the assessment stage of the process, you will be required to provide a copy of the original certificate.
Failure to provide evidence at interview may result in your application not progressing to the next stage.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- In-depth understanding of capability development for cyber capabilities, technologies, and tradecraft, including the software development cycle and associated project management methodologies. (e.g. Agile, Dev Ops.)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of technical fields such as software development, systems / network architecture, and smartphone OS.
- Experience in leading on software development projects and technically complex decision making.
- Experience of planning, running and delivering cyber related tasks to tight deadlines.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).