Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Leicester manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Capability Development (NPIs, CPO's & CD) and contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
Own the manufacturing engineering activities for NPI and CPO as part of a cross-functional integrated programme team, including;
* Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance and yield
* Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
* Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
* Development of assembly processes and procedures
* Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
* Creation of product routings within ERP system
* Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
* Support ready to serve 'RTS' activities within production to maintain yield & delivery expectations
* HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
* Ability to use CAD (AutoCAD or Solidworks/Pro/Engineer) to design fixtures.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing techniques, Shainin, Quality System, and statistical process control tools.
* Excellent level of understanding of process and design. Must have knowledge of sensor manufacture and the use of measurement equipment used. Demonstrate a commitment to process improvement. Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
* Sound understanding of stress/strain and ability to apply to pressure systems design
* Understanding of Light Electromechanical Assembly in a high mix production environment.
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities effectively. Engage cross functional teams, shop floor and Technology. The candidate must demonstrate excellent team working skills, strong inter-personal and excellent communication skills with report writing, Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
* Must manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery. Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn, diplomatic and able to apply a high level of initiative. Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment, energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change.
* Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
* Experience of using SAP software
* Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Shainin Apprentice
* Experience with pressure measurement technologies
* Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems