Sudbury, GB, CO10 2XD
Manufacturing Excellence Manager
Up to £55,000 base (depending on experience) +Additional great benefits including a 17% car allowance and 12% Bonus opportunity
Full Time, Days Based Position.
We’re looking for an experienced Manufacturing Excellence Manager or what we call internally a
Total Preventative Maintenance Manager (TPM) to join the team here at Nestlé Purina, Sudbury. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with one of the biggest companies on the planet.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
Our Sudbury factory makes some of the UK’s most well known and much loved brands, such as Go Cat, Baker, and Purina ONE, and is constantly developing to meet the changing needs of our consumers. All this happens in a vibrant and historic market town known as the home of Thomas Gainsborough. For a town with a rich history it also has a strong vision for the future with continued investment planned to ensure Sudbury remains a great place to live, work and visit.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
Reporting in to the Manager of Manufacturing Operations, as the Manufacturing Excellence Manager you will be responsible for delivering and imbedding lean manufacturing principles across the production environment, to ensure we meet the scheduled production & legal requirements to quality, cost and safety standards, as well as having responsibility for an area of Production. Other key activities will include:
- To drive a cultural change by coaching, training and mentoring all levels of employees across the factory to implement the TPM master plan for process development and sustainability.
- Responsibility to educate and lead “goal alignment pillars” across the site, to support their areas in identifying opportunities and eliminating waste.
- Support key functional areas with their continuous lean manufacturing capability build.
- Drive our TPM culture and performance to ensure those methodologies are trained coached and assessed to ensure that finished products are consistently manufactured meeting Product Quality Attributes and meeting consumer expectations.
- Coordinate and facilitate Operational Master Plan sessions in order to identify key activities to achieve our business objectives.
- Be aware of and roll out shared best practice as part of our X-Fertilization activities.
First of all, you’re going to need to be passionate about driving lean manufacturing principles and changing mind-sets. Other key attributes we are looking are:
- Degree educated or equivalent with a relevant qualification in Food Manufacturing/ Engineering/Food Science and ideally Six Sigma certified.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TPM and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience of Process Improvement in a Manufacturing environment.
- Strong operational experience ideally with in an FMCG/ Automotive or Aviation industry.
- Experience managing complex change and/or transformation projects.
- Experience leading and influencing cross functional teams.
- Proven ability to coach and train; deliver messages, lead workshops and develop people.
- Demonstrate influencing and persuasion skills with ability to engage people.
- Tenacious in approach, but combined with highly developed coaching skills .
- Resilient and a determination to succeed.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 16th Sept 2020
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!