City Women Network (CWN), is one of the longest-standing women’s networks in the UK founded in 1978. From its intentional beginnings, today CWN remains committed to providing a secure, collegial environment where our members can grow their professional networks and allies and succeed through collaboration.
CWN is a charitable community for professional and businesswomen to Connect, Contribute and Grow. CWN today continues to evolve as a membership organisation that is passionate about strengthening the chain of female leadership and advocating difference in the workplace for the benefit of our members in business and wider society.
CWN serves around 220+ individual and corporate business partners and our Board is comprised of six committees:
Marketing & Communications, Event & Strategy, External Relations, Inclusion & Belonging, Membership and Operations.
Each committee focuses on planning and implementing a range of professional development, membership, social and charitable initiatives to support the core functions of our organisation.
About the role:
Our Marketing and Communications Committee is currently looking for a VOLUNTEER who will invest in becoming a paid up member of CWN so they can dedicate time to support the daily activities of the Marcomms committee.
Marcomms supports and enhances member communications to ensure our target audiences are well informed about CWN initiatives, our purpose and our goals.
● Playing an active role in supporting CWN events and leveraging our Board’s and members’ connections, influence and ideas to champion women’s contribution and success in business
● Making use of social media tools to extend our reach and visibility
● Promoting news of our achievements and our members’ achievements and to ensure CWN has an appropriate share of voice in the media on issues aligned to our values and core themes
● Producing CWN publications and marketing materials, ensuring collateral is aligned with our brand. Maybe you are a seasoned professional in communications, social media, PR, advertising, market research, brand management or digital marketing and would like to contribute to a charitable cause as part of your CSR agenda, OR you are someone who is planning to return to work after a career break but needs a practical platform to refresh and polish your skills? OR You are someone that has completely decided to change their industry and is self-taught (or even qualified) in different fields of Marketing and need to put your skills into practice?
What we will offer:
● Being part of a dynamic Marcomms team, which at the moment is five members
● Coaching and mentoring from our experienced leadership Marcomms professionals
● Access to over a hundred senior leaders with your annual investment membership, who may provide you with an opportunity to further your career
● Membership will offer you access to our events, workshops and forums covering a range of topics across female leadership, wellbeing and inclusion & belonging
● Be a part of our nominated charity activities, our current charity is Wellbeing of Women
● Flexibility to manage your own hours and be based anywhere
● Remain part of a committee for as long as you are a member of CWN
● Enhance your resume profile by contributing to a busy charitable organisation in its commitment to female leaders in the UK
If you are interested in volunteering please email by clicking APPLY no later than the 22nd of May and we will be in touch.
CWN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity voluntary organisation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this role without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.