Pact is a highly respected independent charity. We work across England and Wales to develop and deliver a range of innovative services, providing practical and emotional support to prisoners’ children and families, to prisoners, and to people with convictions. We enable active community engagement in criminal justice work through facilitating volunteering. Our work is founded on core values, the first of which is a belief in the innate dignity of every human being. Our focus is on human relationships, family and community. We are committed to achieving high standards of quality in all that we do.
Position: Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: Central Office, London
Job type: Full Time, 9 months maternity cover (with the possibility of extending subject to the post holder's return)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (shorter working hours can be considered for the right candidate)
Salary: £34,000 per annum
Benefits: Generous annual leave entitlement, cycle to work scheme, free confidential advice and counselling service, plus more.
Closing date: 03 June 2019
Interviews commencing week beginning: 19 June 2019
About the role:
A leading service delivery charity for people with convictions and their families seeks a Marketing and Communications Manager to deliver our strategy. We are looking for a self-motivated, values and results driven all-rounder to manage our digital & print communications, events, and the charity’s brand.
Working directly to the CEO, you will be based in our South London office, working as part of a friendly, small team with our Fundraising, Business Development and Services colleagues, across varied and interesting projects including web and social media management, supporting appeals, direct marketing to commissioners, public relations & media, budget film making, signage and brand promotion. As part of the role, you will support people with lived experience of the criminal justice system to have a voice, and a platform to inform policy & decision-makers. You will ensure our information for service users is accurate and up to date. You will be very hands on, with one part-time assistant, and have the opportunity to work at the heart of this dynamic, growing charity.
- Work with the Business Development team to assist in the delivery of the marketing strategy for Pact ensuring it meets the needs of the charity and of our subsidiary Pact Futures.
- Manage the Pact website and website providers, including developing fresh, interesting content, building new pages and promoting key events, report and news across the year.
- Promote Pact stories and messages through the media including ‘Trade’, Radio, TV and Press.
- Ensure all materials are branded, accurate, inclusive, appealing and of a high standard.
- Lead on the management of the Pact AGM/Annual Conference (July).
- Assist with editing and proof-reading Pact communications material to ensure consistency in branding and messaging.
- Manage the Communications Administrator role, providing guidance and support and regular supervision to ensure the efficient running of the comms department.
You will have the capability and flair to write creative and factual copy for a range of audiences (including, the Justice sector, our supporters within the Catholic community and the general public). You will have an authentic commitment to the charity’s vision, mission and values and be confident and skilled in working sensitively and in an empowering way with people facing challenges in their lives.
This post is subject to a 6-month probationary period, verification of identity, proven right to work in the UK and satisfactory references from previous employers covering a 5 year period. We would welcome applications from people with lived experience of the criminal justice system (subject to appropriate risk assessment).
You may have experience of the following: Marketing & Communications Manager, Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Marketing, Communications, Marketing Executive, Senior Marketing Executive, Communications Executive, Internal Communications, Digital Communications, Senior Communications Officer, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc.