Marketing & Events Assistant
You will join us as a Marketing & Events Assistant to be responsible for assisting the implementation of online and offline marketing activity and for helping with the planning and operation of commercial events and holiday courses at the College and The Downs Malvern.
Marketing & Events Assistant Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day editing and content management of all Commercial Department websites.
- Coordinate and produce regular content for websites, with a particular focus on Malvern Weddings, Malvern Active and Malvern Events.
- Review, measure and implement SEO.
- Regularly track website analytics and report on visitor trends.
- Assist in conducting website audits.
· Manage and update the social media content calendar.
· Produce appropriate and relevant social media content for the following platforms: Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
· Measure success through the platform analytics services.
· Assist the Commercial Marketing Manager to implement the marketing plan for each business area.
· Facilitate the production of marketing materials e.g. brochures, flyers.
· Write copy for various online and offline formats.
· Co-ordinate marketing photography and videography where necessary.
· Assist with brand development projects.
· Monitor key competitors.
· Assist the Events Manager with the planning and delivery of events, weddings and holiday courses at Malvern College and The Downs Malvern.
· Assist with the administration and logistics of the National Schools Symphony Orchestra.
Marketing & Events Assistant Requirements:
- Entry level experience of working in a marketing-related role
- A good understanding of the principles of marketing, both online and offline
- Experience using website content management systems
- Experience of using Photoshop and/or InDesign
- A working knowledge of all mainstream social media platforms and content scheduling platforms
- Ability to write strong and compelling content
- First-class communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office 365)
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to respond to change and adopt a flexible approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A flair for seeing new, creative opportunities and developing them
- A flexible approach to hours and duties including working occasional evenings, weekends and Public Holidays
Malvern College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all employees to share this commitment. Employees must, at all times, have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in line with the provisions of the Children Act 2004 (as amended) and Keeping Children Safe in Education (as amended) and be fully aware of, and understand, the duties and responsibilities that apply to their role in relation to these requirements. All employees must attend appropriate training in accordance with College and local Safeguarding Board stipulations.
About Malvern College:
Malvern College Enterprises Ltd (MCEL), the trading subsidiary of Malvern College, operates a number of distinct commercial enterprises in support of the College. These include Malvern Weddings, Malvern Events, Malvern Active, College Guardians and The National Schools Symphony Orchestra as well as a number of other commercial activities.
Location: Malvern WR14 3DF
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 35 hours per week
Salary: £18,450.00 per annum
Benefits: 5 weeks’ holiday per annum plus public holidays, Contributory pension scheme with Scottish Widows (successful candidates will be auto enrolled after successfully completing 3 months service), Generous membership terms (family and personal) for the College Sports Facility, Free on-site parking, Cycle-to-Work scheme, Free access to the Malvern College Library, Death in Service Insurance cover and Personal Accident Insurance cover.
Closing Date: Friday 6th March 2020
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Assistant, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Executive, Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Writer, Copy Writer, Editor, Social Media Platforms, Marketing, etc.