The National Energy Foundation is an independent charity based in Milton Keynes, which has been at the forefront of improving the use of energy in buildings since 1988. We aim to give people, organisations and government the knowledge, support and inspiration they need to understand, manage and reduce the use of energy in buildings.
Position: Marketing and Communications Officer
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job type: Permanent, (FT or PT for the right candidate)
Salary: £22,000 to £25,000 per annum
About the role:
The Households and Communities Team manages a number of on-going projects which help make homes warmer, healthier and more affordable to heat.
We have a new opportunity for a creative, innovative and experienced Marcoms officer who will bring their own ideas and enthusiasm to succeed. The focus of this role will be on the dissemination of activities as well as to raise the profile of a number of projects managed by the Households and Communities team and, possibly, NEF more broadly.
- Write articles and other content for the project websites and other media
- Creating unique content for the website / press releases and compiling newsletters
- Manage all social media, including developing campaigns to promote results
- Drive visitor traffic to project websites.
- Take responsibility for updating the project websites
- Track PR outputs and development of new channels
- Manage customer databases and drive accurate data collection
- Develop communication strategies (including press and radio campaigns)
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of all outputs and recommend new ideas
- At least one to two years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of communications, marketing or related activities
- Social media savvy - Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn - includes running a social media campaign
- Competent content writer
- Ability to design leaflets and posters
- Experience of updating websites built on WordPress and Expression Engine & maintaining databases
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Track record of setting up events desirable
A clear DBS check is required for this post. The National Energy Foundation strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
You may have experience of the following: Marketing and Communications Officer, Marketing Officer, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Executive, Communications Officer, Communications Assistant, Communications Administrator, Communications Executive, Marketing Communications Officer, Marcomms, Social Media Officer, Content Writer, etc.