£19,500 - £23,800 per annum (subject to experience and qualifications)
18 days ago
Functional Skills/ GCSE Maths Lecturer
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Lecturer to manage our GCSE Maths and Functional skills provision. With a recognised teaching qualification you will be inspirational in your teaching methods and demonstrate the ability to meet our learners needs by helping them achieve their full potential.
Location: Access Creative College Birmingham, B9 4AR
Job type: Full Time, Permanent. 37.5 hours per week
Lecturer Salary: £19,500 - £23,800 per annum (subject to experience and qualifications)
Course Leader Salary: £24,400 - £27,600 per annum (subject to experience and qualifications)
Closing date: Applications to reach us by 8th March 2020. Please note that interviews may commence before the closing date.
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 27th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past three years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers and digital media creatives.
About the role:
- Ability to manage and deliver GCSE and Functional Skills Maths course
- Deliver well organised lessons consistently across varied abilities by using a range of teaching strategies and resources
- Organise examination/assessment related administration and verification of coursework assessments
- Monitor and advise on the progress and achievement of Learners on the course
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback and assessment to learners
- Identify and plan support for 'at risk' Learners and extend opportunities for those who are more able
- Be familiar with Safeguarding Children and Young People requirements
- Hold an appropriate teacher training qualification i.e. DET, PGCE, Cert Ed, BEd., DTLLS (Level 5)
- Hold a relevant degree or relevant professional qualification at level 3 or above
- Experience in teaching Maths at GCSE and Functional Skills
You may have experience of the following: GCSE Maths, Functional Skills, Maths Teacher, Maths Tutor, Maths Lecturer, Course Manager, Course Leader, Teach, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Tutor, Teaching, GCSE, Functional Skills, Maths, etc
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.