At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Field Technician to join our European team based in, United Kingdom.
As a Mechanical Field Technician, you will:
- Have to liaise with contractors and internal customers and to write follow-up reports and EMRs following the execution of field work, as and when required.
- Be expected to have a broader knowledge of the specialist Air Products equipment and techniques, and to demonstrate the ability to suggest and implement cost effective modifications to maintenance techniques.
- To help repair and/or refurbish affected equipment so as to assure the minimum loss of production.
- To help investigate equipment failures, determine root cause of failure, and recommend appropriate solutions to reduce recurrence of/or eliminate cause of failure
- To provide hands on and supervision support as required to resolve mechanical equipment field problems as they occur.
- To assist in the development, implementation, and periodic review of preventative/predictive maintenance programs to reduce unplanned shutdowns and improve overall plant on stream capability.
- To keep abreast of and evaluate new methodologies, work practices, equipment, machinery, technology, etc., for application and use within the plant.
- To participate in the planning and execution of minor and major shutdowns. Provide technical and hands on support as required during shutdowns.
- To maintain an error free execution, paying very close attention to details and executes work to the highest possible standard. Apply a "Continuous Improvement" philosophy to daily work.
As a Mechanical Field Technician, you will have:
- A formal Mechanical Apprenticeship
- BTEC Level 3 / ONC
- Minimum 5 -10 years of experience with reciprocating and rotating machine maintenance
- Familiarity with precision measuring equipment, materials of machinery, lifting and rigging, schematics and layout drawings and understand maintenance manuals.
- A full driving license and passport
- A dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute.
What We Offer:
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status."
In return, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish at Air Products by clicking APPLY now