We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking for an experienced MEICA manager to be responsible for delivering water and wastewater projects as a Scottish Water Managed Delivery framework contractor across our site locations.
This is a challenging role but also rewarding with the opportunity to play a key role in supporting the Managed Delivery office based in Eurocentral, Motherwell in delivering its Scottish Water capital investment commitments.
What will this role involve?
- General Job Duties:
- Safe delivery of projects to time, cost and quality
- Ensure compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Management and monitoring of approved specialist sub-contractors and wider supply chain partners
- Co-ordination and liaison with key project stakeholders (internal & external)
- Company HSEQ control, monitoring & compliance
- Periodic reporting in line with Company, client and project requirements
- Project programme compliance and updating (with planners)
- Monitoring and periodic review of project commercial performance (with commercial colleagues)
- Tasking, productivity and standards compliance
- Project risk and change identification/reporting
- Project design liaison, review and updating (with designers)
- Ensuring final project data collation required to achieve project completion
- Management of operational assets prior to client hand-over
What are we looking for?
- Key Skills, Qualities & Experience:
- Will have an engineering background with aligned academic and training qualifications
- Water industry project experience preferred (Scottish Water advantageous)
- Previous demonstrable experience in a similar MEICA project management role
- MEICA/civil works multi-disciplined interfacing
- Computer literate, particularly with MS Office applications as essential
- Demonstrate good document control, record keeping and reporting
- Planning and organising capabilities with the ability to react to rapid unforeseen change
- Facilitate and record meetings
- Manage and deliver within budgets
- Good interpersonal and man management skills
- Ability to communicate at senior levels
- Experience of planning and managing personnel/resources
- Good leadership qualities
- CITB (SMSTS) and/or CSCS qualified for managing safely
- Ability to work to target dates across multiple projects, whilst maintaining output and timescale requirements
- Hold a valid full UK driving licence
- Eligible to work in the UK
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that the Contract performs to Turnover & Contribution Targets. Creating close working local relationships with clients & Local Authorities, managing their expectations, delivering high, professional standards and championing excellent customer service.