Mobile Application Developer
Widely recognised as an industry leader in live video and OTT, StreamAMG is trusted by the likes of Liverpool FC, the BBC, William Hill and the English FA to deliver live and on demand video to audiences worldwide.
We aim to be the most innovative and creative company in our field, and we’re committed to maintaining a dynamic culture based on openness, honesty and transparency to achieve that.
We have grown consistently since our founding in 2001 and are now established as a disruptive force in the online video sector. To support our accelerating expansion, we are looking for a Mobile Developer to join our technology division responsible for delivering some of the most stunning OTT app experiences to millions of fans around the world.
Mobile Application Developer Responsibilities:
While your main focus will be to build beautiful Android and iOS apps for prestigious clients using cutting edge technologies, you’ll also identify bug fixes and improve application performance. You will develop production quality code and ensure work meets a high standard and we’ll encourage you to suggest, communicate and implement improvements to our front-end architecture. You’ll also have the opportunity to build your ability to mentor colleagues, helping to build team member skills and provide support.
Mobile Application Developer Requirements:
As a mobile developer, you should have a well proven track record of delivering native mobile applications and possess excellent written and communication skills. Other requirements include:
- Good knowledge of Android design principles, patterns and best practices
- Knowledge of iOS design
- Good understanding of Mobile design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect apps to backend services
- Good Knowledge of git source control
- Strong communication skills, being able to confidently articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven track record of working within an Agile development team
- Good understanding of the principles of Agile working patterns and frameworks (e.g. Scrum/Kanban)
- Ability to write detailed technical documentation and diagrams
- An eye for detail – you will be able to anticipate issues and work to quickly resolve them prior to delivery
- A passion and desire to learn new technologies and integrate into StreamAMG’s technology stack in the future
- Good knowledge of Kotlin and Swift
In return for your hard work we offer a competitive package and a great company benefit package which recognises your contribution. You’d join a fun, friendly and dynamic team within a thriving business and enjoy all the opportunities and benefits that being part of the wider PA Media Group.
StreamAMG and PA Media recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance and this role will offer the opportunity to realise that by working remotely.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early.
StreamAMG is committed to inspiring a positive culture and a work environment of Openness, Honesty and Transparency. We are owned by PA Group, the leading content and data business and align with their values of Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity and Respect.
We’re building and promoting a culture where difference is valued and everyone can be the best version of themselves and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
£10000 - £100000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Mobile Application Developer