Do you specialise in motor trade renewals? Are you an experienced Insurance Account Handler who has proven experience dealing with a high volume of cases? Looking for the next step up?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Motor Trade Renewals & Retention Manager to join our RA Insurance Broker Team. Based at our modern new Croydon office in London, this standalone role would suit a highly organised and efficient manager who will be able to oversee our motor trade renewals book. You will not be required to manage people but will be managing and overseeing multiple cases to ensure the departments continued success.
You will be well versed in motor trade insurance renewals and retention activities, working alongside Executives, Account Handlers and Underwriters. You will be commercially savvy, being able to retain business, demonstrate strong decision making, leadership and delegation with the ability to independently run and oversee this process.
Location: Based in central Croydon next to East Croydon Station - means there are great transports links should you wish to travel by train, tram, or bus.
As a company, PIB is a successful growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.
- You will be managing the motor trade renewals book ensuring growth and customer satisfaction,
- You will ensure pre-renewal review paperwork is issued to execs in a timely manner,
- You will be conducting phone and face-to- face reviews as and when required,
- You will follow up on outstanding Underwriter and Handler queries following a renewal meeting and update the outstanding information on a tracker spreadsheet,
- Once reviews are complete, you will be monitoring the underwriting process ensuring we are receiving timely and competitive terms,
- You will be monitoring client renewals falling due; identifying which cases are at risk, which cases are falling due without instruction,
- You will keep in regular contact with the execs to get good understanding of likely outcomes,
- You will be attending meetings with underwriters, execs and handlers,
- You will be providing support to the execs in chasing unsigned declarations,
- You will provide feedback to senior management & directors, ensuring they are alerted to business that may be at risk and highlighting areas for improvement within the wider motor trade department,
- You will act as a senior member of staff, escalating issues with insurers where necessary and providing guidance to less experienced colleagues,
- You will have experience using Acturis or SSP systems and the ability to learn new systems quickly,
- You will be commercially smart being able to feedback accurate information to directors, coupled with a solid background of motor trade insurance renewals & retention including previous experience in broking motor trade risks,
- You will be CII qualified or working towards,
- You will be a decision maker who is highly organised, a natural multi-tasker with great time management; you will be able to prioritise workloads, identifying what is profitable and predict timescales,
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and will be a natural problem solver, along with a high level of attention to detail,
- Your communication skills will be at the highest level both verbally and written, with the ability to communicate at all levels, building strong client and stakeholder relationships,
- You will be able to work to deadlines and under pressure and will be able to work as a team as well as on your own initiative,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office or working part time then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.