As a cyber security influencer, you’ll take responsibility, usually as part of a team, for cyber security challenges, from experimenting and understanding how new technologies work, evaluating their immediate implications and vulnerabilities and working with our partners to effect real change. You’ll be writing research papers and guidance, a consummate communicator, you’ll expertly share your knowledge and insights with government and businesses and help to shape their cyber security profile whilst responding to new technical challenges.
We care hugely about learning and development, so we’ll help you enhance and refine your technical skills and offer you all the training and support you need to begin your career.
Your role will include:
• As part of a team, you’ll take responsibility for cyber security challenges, working with others to effect real change.
• Applying your skills you’ll learn to experiment and understand how technologies work.
• Evaluating the immediate implications and vulnerabilities, you’ll write research papers and guidance.
• Expertly share your knowledge with others to help shape government and businesses cyber security profile.
• Work with partners to effect real change.
ResponsibilitiesYou should have:
As part of the selection process, you’ll be expected to demonstrate that you have an aptitude to develop a technical understanding of cyber security and be able to demonstrate a combination of business skills e.g.
• Working with others and effective communication
Builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating confident communication skills and works well as part of a team.
• Intrigue, creativity and analytical thinking
Is a logical thinker, but also curious and open-minded. Adapts and flexes approach, as required, to solve problems and relishes the opportunity to take on
new challenges and do things differently.
• Detail focus
Spots things others would miss. Remembers important details and ensures tasks are completed carefully and accurately.
Never gives up easily, is determined to achieve a positive outcome, is self-aware
and emotionally resilient, remaining calm under pressure.
• Understanding others (emotional intelligence)
Is naturally curious about people and has a good understanding of how others behave.
• Is driven by the organisational mission. Has passion for technology, people and learning new things.
• Communication and Knowledge sharing - Fundamental
• Corporate Vision and Efficiency - Fundamental
• Change and Innovation - Intermediate
• Analysis and Decision Making - Intermediate
• Contribution to Delivery - Intermediate
• Managing the Customer Relationship - Intermediate
• Working with and Leading Others - Intermediate
Access to learning and development tailored to your role
• Working environment that supports a range of flexible working options
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• A civil service pension
• 25 days Annual leave