Network Architect | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Architect within our Support Centre in Dunstable. Can you take scalable software-defined networks to new heights? Harness the full potential of bleeding-edge technologies, while finding new and better ways of optimising a national network? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
About the role:
Our architecture team here at Whitbread are facing an exciting period of growth and there is a real opportunity to have a huge impact in designing our IT Network that supports 35,000 employees across 1,000 locations.
We're expanding our architecture team to design a new network across:
- Premier Inn
- Restaurants (Beefeater, Bar and Block, Brewers Fayre, Table Table, Thyme.
- Head Office
We are proud of our tech stack, you'll have the opportunity to work with Juniper, Cisco, Meraki, HP Aruba.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall architecture of networks and connectivity across Whitbread, covering the UK, Germany and Eire
- Deliver an ongoing Portfolio Analysis of the Networks estate
- Coordination and support of activities impacting the networks estate
Research new technologies and solutions, and ensure appropriate levels of assurance
- Peer review of solution designs and business requirements
- Scoping, design and delivery of a new network for our Hotels and Restaurants
- Developing principles and policies
What you’ll need:
- Experience of large-scale network transformations
- Have a strong understanding of the following network technologies:
- LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, data-centre LAN, SD networks, telephony, mobile telephony, unified comms, network management tools, remote access technologies and cloud connectivity methods
- Worked with, and on several hardware/software solutions including Juniper, Cisco, Meraki and HP (Aruba)
- Experience of scoping, design and delivery networking services across multi-site organisations.
- Design and delivery of network solutions that are secure by default
- Coach and mentor other architects and analysts where appropriate to help drive awareness of networking technologies.
- Experience in the development of cross functional relationships with both internal teams and external clients.