In order to deliver our vision we need to be a flexible, innovative and collaborative department that connects with industry, business, research and development communities, consumers and all the other parts of the UK economy. We need to make evidence based policy decisions driven by coherent, exploitable and shared data. We need to connect with our customers, partners and other stakeholders in a business like way – embracing the full potential of the digital era. And we need to use the best modern technology to maximise our own productivity
This is underpinned by 4 strategic enablers:
1. People, skills and culture: a culture where Digital is embraced, understood and valued.
2. Partner, enable, assure: provide the tools, processes and support to empower teams to deliver quality services which meet government standards and user needs.
3. Service delivery: the design, build and delivery of services is agile - providing value for money through reuse of data and components and delivering services more quickly and effectively.
4. Continuous improvement: the ambition to continually improve is instilled in everything that we do. We seek feedback from our users and the data we capture to understand user behaviour to improve services and inform future service developments.
So we need a strong Digital, Data and Technology function that provides excellent services to the Department, enabling collaboration with our colleagues to deliver exceptional services for the consumers and businesses we serve. We currently have circa 120 posts in the team, with an annual budget allocation of circa £20m. There is an interim organisational structure in place pending the approval of a strategy that you will have the opportunity to shape and then deliver.
The Department has rolled out a G-cloud technology platform with a resilient infrastructure to provide the latest software to staff. We have only just begun to consider how we might exploit the opportunities presented by the latest technology. Therefore, we need a strong and experienced team to help both the Department and the function understand the possibilities and potential of the digital era and play a key role in the transformation of both the way we work and the services we deliver.
For further information please follow this link to view the BEIS Digital recruitment film:
About the Role
As the Lead Network Engineer, you will be a consultant for network best practices to protect and enforce standards, policy and information security. This will include capacity planning, monitoring, performance and availability and providing oversight and guidance for new projects and research and evaluation of new technologies.
About the Team
The Technology Services team is tasked with supporting and developing our cloud infrastructure and application platforms. You will work with Digital & Data, Technical Services, the Business Relationship Managers and suppliers to develop and maintain our core network services.
● Understand the current and future business needs of the organisation and determine how these can be best supported by the IT infrastructure.
● Develops the strategic and tactical engineering road maps for technologies and services in their area of responsibility, making sure that they are future proofed and that the organisation derives maximum value from investment in technologies.
● Owns the operational relationships with suppliers making sure services and products are delivered and aligned to industry best practice, regulatory and contractual requirements.
● Identify and promote ideas for improvement in the organisation's current IT network infrastructure.
● Maintain general awareness of developments in the IT network/infrastructure marketplace including vendor strategies and report on their potential impact on the organisation.
● Verification of technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests.
● Monitor network and system logs to ensure successful processing. Provide incident reporting and continuous improvement to achieve 100% uptime SLA
What we are looking for:
● Executive and technical level communications skills required.
● Design and hands-on experience operating and maintaining WANs, LANs and Wireless Networks.
● Senior engineer level, carrier based experience in designing and implementing enterprise level networks
● Expert level knowledge of BGP routing, QOS and other WAN based technologies
● Knowledge of cloud-based information security products, Internet security, web security, firewalls, sandboxing, SSL inspection
● Proficiency with network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds or similar products. Must have excellent problem solving skills, and be customer service oriented.
● Experience of NAC, IDS and IPS technologies
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.