A brilliant opportunity to join our growing business at an exciting time!
As Nursery Manager of our Corner House Nursery, South Gillsland Road, we're looking for a natural leader, who is passionate about the way we lead learning through our practice, environments and the impact this has on children’s development. Our principles of wellbeing, knowledge, self-evaluation, accountability, efficiency and celebrating success underpin everything we do.
Nursery Manager Responsibilities:
• Support and develop an enabling environment that is child-led, using both indoor and outdoor spaces effectively
• Support and encourage decisions effectively to ensure that toys, equipment and soft furnishings both indoors and outdoors support high quality practice and learning.
• Be able to showcase high quality practice with regards to individual and group work with children, dealing with colleagues and parent issues as they arise.
• To support and actively promote the safety, security and well-being of all children, colleagues and visitors.
• To be an ambassador for The Bertram Nursery Group and understand the role you play as a member of the management team in providing high levels of care and education.
• To support the financial sustainability of the setting, which will include marketing, show arounds, promoting events, managing waiting lists, open days and managing staff deployment effectively.
• To ensure excellent levels of customer service to all visitors.
• To have awareness of any legislation relating to your role.
Nursery Manager Requirements:
You will be qualified to at least SVQ LEVEL 3 in Early Years and Education and ideally have 2 years or more experience in a senior role.
An advocate of change, you will be a positive role model, delivering every day with passion while putting children first always.
With the ability to inspire, motivate and engage your team, you will be able to build effective relationships with children, parents, colleagues and management alike. A passion for early years education means you will keep yourself up to date, championing development and continuously improving yourself, your team and the children’s experience.
A team player, you will be a solid, reliable support to the Nursery Manager ensuring day to day management is efficient and effective having sound knowledge of all Company policies, procedures and regulatory (SSSC/PVG etc) requirements are maintained at all times.
This role would suit an extremely organised, self-motivated, passionate person who thrives in a nursery environment. This is a great opportunity to make your mark and shape young minds through a fantastic early years’ experience.
We offer a highly competitive salary, learning and development opportunities, pension scheme, discounted childcare, flexibility and an employee discount and cashback scheme to suit all needs.
About Bertram Nursery Group Ltd:
Bertram Nursery Group provides inspiring childcare and education throughout the North West of England and Scotland. Our teams are friendly, fun and dedicated to making every day special. There really is no better time to join our ambitious team. We’re growing fast and are passionate about developing our people and we recognise individual’s potential through promotion opportunities. Each of our 42 nurseries are unique and offer a variety of activities and opportunities to encourage child development in fun and stimulating environments which makes us the perfect choice for parents. From the board room to the baby room, our amazing, passionate, enthusiastic and committed teams always put children first and pride themselves on delivering high quality childcare and early years education.
Location: Corner House Gillsland, Edinburgh
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: highly competitive salary, learning and development opportunities, pension scheme, discounted childcare, flexibility and an employee discount and cashback scheme to suit all needs.
You may have experience of the following: Nursery Manager, Early Years, EYFS, Childcare, Child Protection, Nursery Nurse, Early Years Practitioner, Child Development, Team Leader, Supervisor, EYP, Nursery, Forest School, Outdoor Learning, etc.
30 days ago