Are you a Senior Practitioner looking for the next exciting step up in your career? An exciting opportunity has become available for you to join our leadership team in Paint Pots Nursery, in Perth.
You will be playing a key part in progressing and growing the Award-Winning Bertram Nursery Group.
There really is no better time to join our ambitious team. We’re growing and we’re passionate about developing our people. We listen to our staff, we incorporate your ideas and you are key to shaping a positive and nurturing experience for the children in our care.
Nursery Manager Responsibilities:
• Supporting and developing an enabling environment that is child-led, outdoor spaces effectively.
• Support the leadership and management of the nursery teams so they can develop and thrive
• Be able to showcase high quality practice with regards to individual and group work with children, dealing with colleagues and parent issues as they arise.
• Support and actively promote the safety, security and well-being of all children, colleagues and visitors.
• Be an ambassador for The Bertram Nursery Group and understand the role you play as a member of the management team in providing high levels of care and education.
• Ensure excellent levels of customer service to all visitors.
• Keep up to date with the latest practice and be aware of any legislation relating to the role
Nursery Manager Requirements:
• SVQ or NVQ level 3 in Childcare, HNC or equivalent
• Working towards or happy to begin working towards level 4 in Childcare, HND or equivalent
• Leadership experience of 2 years plus (could be in a Deputy or Senior role) or desire and enthusiasm to lead
• Knowledge and experience of working within the Curriculum for Excellence
• Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of Day Care for young children
• Knowledge and practical understanding of child development
• Communication Skills
• First Aid and Food Hygiene
About Bertram Nursery Group ltd:
We are in the top 20 large nursery groups in the UK, awarded by day nurseries!
Playrooms within our settings are generously proportioned, carefully planned and extensively resourced to create inspiring learning environments. Surrounding our nurseries we have an extensive outdoor area and access to a variety of green spaces and parks only a short walk away. We make the most of our fantastic surroundings and are regularly seen out and about in the local community.
Our nursery is an established and respected centre of early years care. We have developed a strong reputation for delivering quality childcare and meeting the needs of individual children and their families.
Bertram Nursery Group provides inspiring childcare and education throughout Scotland and the North West of England. Our teams are friendly, fun, and dedicated to making every day special. We are passionate about developing our people and we recognise individual’s potential through promotion opportunities. Each of our nurseries are unique and offer a variety of activities and opportunities to encourage child development in fun and stimulating environments which makes us the perfect choice for parents. From the board room to the baby room, our amazing, passionate, enthusiastic, and committed teams put children first at all times and pride themselves on delivering high quality childcare and early years education.
Location: Paint Pots Nursery, Perth
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Benefits: highly competitive salary, learning and development opportunities, pension scheme, discounted childcare, flexibility and an employee discount and cashback scheme to suit all needs.
You may have experience of the following: Nursery Manager, Early Years, EYFS, Childcare, Child Protection, Nursery Nurse, Early Years Practitioner, Child Development, Team Leader, Supervisor, EYP, Nursery, Forest School, Outdoor Learning, etc.