Occupational Health Advisor
York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
Part time 3 days a week.
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
You will work within the Occupational Health team to provide necessary advice, guidance and support to a dedicated part of the business on Occupational Health matters including suitability for employment, fitness to work, rehabilitation, and redeployment.
You will also:
- Play a proactive role in the management of sickness absence through day to day advice and case management on issues including long term illness, recurrent short term absence, alleged work related ill health, and return to work programmes with specific focus with identified customers
- Refer cases when appropriate to physiotherapy, counselling and external specialists to support managing employees return to full health
- To work with identified customers, reviewing, advising and gaining commitment from management teams / employees / trade unions / safety advisers on targeted OH initiatives to identified site/business problems,
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with within the service level agreement, including on-site visits to build up local business knowledge and direct customer contact
- Provide a clinical resource to deal with individual employees with medical concerns / problems
- Undertake Health surveillance where required with specified customers
- Carry out OH audits for specified site and other sites as agreed and directed
- To keep appropriate records, up to date administration and provide reports from EOPAS system as appropriate
- There will be some travel involved to sites in Newcastle & Dalston.
As the successful candidate, you will already have a breadth of Occupational Health experience. You will be qualified to diploma/graduate level and registered on Part 3 of the NMC register as a specialist occupational health nurse practitioner. You will thrive when working with stakeholders across all levels coupled with your ability to truly understand the existence of effective Occupational Health standards, systems and an auditing and monitoring system is essential for identifying potential risks to the business. You will have excellent communication skills and understand how to support and provide efficient line manager advice enabling managers to review and improve performance against key standards. Contributing to reduction in the cost of sickness absence; lost time through accidents and to accident claims.
You will also ideally have:
- Specific knowledge of OH and food hygiene legislation and practical applications
- General knowledge of safety and employment legislation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage self and work load independently
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive approach to OH
- Respond well to change and work well under pressure
- Good IT skills including experience of EOPAS or similar system
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a focus on personal development and growth all centered round a supportive and ambitious team.
There will be some travel involved to sites in York Newcastle & Dalston.
Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
We are Nestlé, the largest food and Beverage Company. We are 328,000 people strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than 89.5 billion CHF in 2016, we have an expansive presence with 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.