Occupational Health Advisor
We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Health Adviser to work as an autonomous practitioner, managing own work as an Occupational Health & Well-being Specialist within the group. Provision of consultation, advice, well-being education and testing where appropriate, in accordance with company guidelines.
Occupational Health Advisor Responsibilities
• Assess employees presenting to occupational health services, initiating and completing full case management and liaising with management and the Human Resources team as appropriate
• Request medical information from GP’s and specialists in accordance with relevant legislation
• Respond positively to employee / manager requests for support and advice on work environment issues
• Fitness to work planning, assessment and screening
• Provision of health surveillance where this is required e.g. night workers
• Sickness Absence Case Management and return to work rehabilitation
• Assessment, diagnosis, investigation and reporting of Occupational Illness cases
• Maintenance of confidential records and health data in accordance with relevant legislation
• Communication/presentations to employees and management on health related topics
• Handling referrals of employee injuries, sicknesses, health checks and workplace adjustment queries
• Management of sickness absence, including long-term illness, recurrent short term absence and work related ill health along with health surveillance and health promotion.
• Design and implementation of employee well-being initiatives in accordance with the group employee well-being programme
• At least five years’ experience as an Occupational Health Adviser
• Registration with NMC Part 1
• Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health
• Evidence of up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
• Great interpersonal and communication skills, patience, emotional and mental strength, and high levels of self-motivation and confidence.
• Requirement to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly known as CRB, or Criminal Records Bureau) check.
• Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
• An enthusiastic and inspiring role model grounded in practice.
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of professional accountability in the scope of professional practice.
• Innovative and adaptable, with strong leadership and management skills.
About A F Blakemore & Son Ltd:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.2 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including; Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.
Location: Apex 2, Tipton, DY4 0PY
Job type: Part Time, Permanent, 20 - 24 Hours per Week
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £10,400 pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities, Health Cash Plan
Closing date for applications: 27th September 2020
You may have experience of the following: Occupational Health Advisor, OH Nurse, Workplace Health Assessments, Health Surveillance & Screening, Sickness Absence Management, Occupational Health Service, etc.
about 1 month ago
Occupational Health Advisor