£17.51 per hour / £19,173 for 21 hours (£34,238 per annum FTE 37.5 hours)
3 months ago
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Position: Occupational Therapist
Location: Oakwood, Stockport (commutable from Manchester, Warrington, Macclesfield and surrounding areas)
Job type: Permanent, Part Time, 21 hours per week, weekdays - must include Tuesdays, other days can be flexible
Salary: £17.51 per hour / £19,173 for 21 hours (£34,238 per annum FTE 37.5 hours)
Closing Date: 24 July 2019
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the implementation and continuation of occupational therapy programmes identified in customer person centred plans (PCPs). You will also be responsible for liaising with other professional agencies in relation to the provision of occupational therapy services.
Oakwood is an Acquired Brain Injury unit based in Offerton, Stockport. You will be supporting individuals suffering from the effects of an acquired brain injury or associated neurological conditions.
- To be qualified and registered as a practicing Occupational Therapist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Band 6, working under the guidance and supervision of a Band 8 qualified Occupational Therapist.
- To be able to work as an autonomous practitioner as a Professional Member of the College of Occupational Therapists.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of occupational therapy theory and best practice, being able to demonstrate effective occupational therapy practice in all qualified procedures including: moving and handling assessment, equipment provision, cognitive assessment and treatment, upper limb assessment and treatment and the assessment of activities of daily living including the development of rehabilitation guidelines.
- Multidisciplinary team working using a client centred approach.
- Able to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the service.
- Clean driving licence (if driving is required).
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
You may have experience of the following: Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nurse, Registered Nurse, General Nurse, Disability, Charity, Third Sector, Not For Profit, NFP, etc.