Occupational Therapist - National (Band 6)
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and energy who wants to make a difference to people’s lives. We are a highly skilled clinical team who would welcome applications from creative, innovative and highly motivated Occupational Therapist.
Would you like to be part of a dedicated clinical team committed to enabling those people that we support enjoy a better future within their own home environment? Would you like to do a job that makes a difference every day? Would you like to be part of an organisation whose ethos is underpinned by Positive Behaviour Support and Co-Production?
You will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to exercise clinical judgement in respect of assessing function and prescribing clinically robust intervention. Robust Care Planning and Risk Assessment skills are a must.
In addition, you will need to be committed to the values and principles of recovery, and be able to help deliver a safe, timely, caring and responsive service.
You will support the development of the Occupational Therapy Service provision within Gray Healthcare and will be responsible for the line management of a Band 5 Occupational Therapist. You will manage your own case load and there may be occasions where you will also be required to provide guidance regarding more complex interventions. You will also support the wider Clinical Team in ensuring successful discharge processes.
Here at Gray Healthcare we believe that no person should remain in an acute or long stay hospital environment for a day longer than is necessary. We are a company whose values and ethos are underpinned by Positive Behaviour Support and Co-Production.
We work with and provide support to individuals within their own home environments only. Each person we support has their own tenancy and “front door” We work beyond “A label” and actively involve the individual and their families in all aspects of their support and recovery.
We are proud of and embrace our values, namely:
We are unique.
We are innovative.
We are honest and transparent.
We are inspiring.
- You will be an ambassador for Gray Healthcare
- Provide clinical advice, guidance and support.
- Work within a team that promotes positive risk taking.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate clinical care plans and risk assessments.
- Coach and guide support staff to provide robust and evidence-based intervention with an emphasis on skill building
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, the individuals we support and their families.
- Promote Co-Production initiatives
- Work with individuals and their families.
- Line management of Band 5 Occupational Therapist
- Experience of supporting people with complex needs (typically at least 2 years post qualifying experience)
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist
- Experienced In supporting people with Mental Health issues, Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs.
- Demonstratable understanding of Recovery Principles
- Demonstratable understanding of evidence-based practice.
- Ability to work as part of a Multi-disciplinary team.
- Driving license and access to a vehicle with business insurance
- Ability to undertake national travel where required
- Experience supporting people in a range of settings, including in acute inpatient, secure and community environments.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support Model
Covid-19 isn’t stopping us from recruiting, we’re using video and tele-Healthcare to support people and keep us connected. We’re using these same tools to recruit people too!
By submitting your application online, you will be giving your consent for Gray Healthcare to process your personal and sensitive personal data. Your personal information will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected, or as required by law.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only respond to candidates who have been shortlisted for interview.
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,000 plus car allowance
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
You may have experience of the following: Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nurse, Registered Nurse, General Nurse, Disability, Complex Needs, Learning Disabilities, Charity, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.