Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
The role is varied, providing key support to the Office & IT Manager and supporting the office support function. You will be expected to work with the support team to deal with a range of issues varying from stock checks to liaising with external contractors and suppliers to arrange works. Your hours will be 7am to 10am, flexibility in hours is available.
- Opening the office and doing internal meeting room checks
- Newspapers, fruit and milk order and distribution
- Breakfast stock checks, order and distribution
- Kitchen stock checks, order and distribution i.e. crockery, cutlery
- Tea, coffee stock checks, order and distribution
- Restocking printers, checking for issues and changing toners
- Daily toilet checks, replace hand towels, soaps, diffusers etc.
- Daily and weekly cleaning of coffee machines
- Weekly clear out of fridges
- Completing purchase orders and tracking office expenditures
- Assisting with meeting room set ups incl. furniture moves and audio/visual equipment
- Basic Trouble Shooting
- Reporting maintenance issues (e.g. blocked toilets, broken equipment)
- Communicating updates to staff
- All other duties reasonably expected
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Be an organised individual who uses initiative when it comes to issues of office tidiness
- Have good standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a positive and flexible approach to team working
- Be able to plan and organise a varied and busy workload, including handling conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Have strong interpersonal skills, including ability to liaise with staff at all levels and build and maintain effective working relationships
- Have good written communications skills, including ability to draft summary information and correspondence
- Be educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Outlook
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Experience of working in an office environment preferable
What we offer in return
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated