An opportunity for an experienced Office Manager professional to become a highly valued contributor and team member in our Bristol City Centre Office, Merchants House, Wapping Road, BS1 4RW. This role plays a pivotal part in supporting a range of Engineers, Consultants and Directors with all operational aspects of team management as part of a multi-disciplinary office.
You need to be brilliantly organised and thrive on delivering great support to your colleagues and the business to make a significant difference to those colleagues and our clients.
You will be working with a highly motivated group of professionals in a fun environment to deliver a very tangible service.
Hydrock is an independently owned multidisciplinary consultancy, of circa 500 staff, operating out of 16 offices in the UK. We are one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (note our Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award last year at the NCE100). We believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Feedback from our client listening programme and employee surveys indicates we are great to work with, whether providing a service to a client or rewarding employment to an employee!
The team provides the following services to clients:
- Technical consultancy and design
- Business Development events and activities
- Delivery of CPD-style presentations and thought-leadership pieces to various clients, including Architects, Developers, Contractors, etc.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Day-to-day management of busy reception area, meeting room booking system and pool car reservations
- Organise the IT set up for new starters
- Covid-19 Coordination – first line of contact for staff returning to or visiting the premises
- Facilities management and liaison with both the cleaning company and with the Hydrock Head Office
- Financial overview of invoicing and new projects (including liaison with accounts team, client approvals and POs, folder management and project set up and IT related issues).
- Administrative support to teams from different engineering disciplines, including stationary
- Dealing with suppliers, sourcing and ordering of goods & services, negotiating costs
- Work in line with QA procedures and assist with compliance
- Maintaining database of the contract and enquires on company system and project filing system (both paper and electronic systems)
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety where applicable and in line with the Companies Safety Management System
- Occasional support of technical staff in the preparation and production of reports and other documents, including reviewing / proof-reading
- Coordination of interns, placement and work experience students
What we require in you:
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to (and experience of) managing a range of Engineers
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Effective operating on multiple tasks under pressure
- Good sense of humour, well-mannered and self-motivated
- Should have no concerns about making calls
- Should be willing to take charge of engineers, and be assertive where necessary!
- Knowledge of working in a busy technical / engineering / professional environment
- Working knowledge of CRM type systems such as Rapport would be advantageous
- Driver’s license is essential as pool cars are periodically taken for servicing
What you can expect in general
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A great team, office and employer (check out our 2020 wrap up video here.) A genuine opportunity to achieve and to be recognised and rewarded merit.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary, employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
We have several team, office, regional and divisional events but ‘Challenge Day’ is when the whole company comes together for a paid day of fun! You can check out our most recent Challenge Day here!
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
A place where we can all thrive
At Hydrock we value our diversity and place wellbeing and inclusion for all at the heart of our culture. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving these aims, so we encourage you to talk to us about the working arrangement that best enables you to balance your personal commitments with your responsibilities at work. Please let us know your current and/or desired flexible working arrangements in your covering letter, so we can discuss how this could work for you in this role.