About the job
Enterprise Service is part of Digital, Data & Technology (DDAT). We manage the day to day operation of the NCA IT estate, ensuring the ongoing delivery of suitably assured and operational IT services to
users, responding to incidents and escalations as they arise.
This is enabled through the leadership of the transition of new and changed services in and out of to the live environment and the supervision and management of the IT supply chain to ensure services are delivered in accordance with Service Levels aligned to user expectations.
In order to achieve this, Enterprise Services must take a through life approach to IT service and continually look to develop and build a team of professional and experienced IT Service Management practitioners who are suitably skilled to support a complex and varied IT estate that is evolving through the delivery of the NCA transformation Programme.
ResponsibilitiesAs part of a team of technology professionals, you will be using your skills and expertise to:
• Providing administrative oversight across a portfolio of cloud services
• Apply expertise in service management, and experience of DevOps to provide day-to-day management of cloud services
• Work flexibly across a growing cloud estate, executing appropriate levels of governance and control as appropriate
• Work closely with various business areas to build understanding of service costs and utilisation
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Experience of data analysis
- An understanding of modern IT infrastructure
- Experience of working with suppliers
- Experience of cost management ideally in an IT context
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).