Lisa Gibson Operations Officer in the UK MPU
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
Responsibilities• Conducting investigations and developing intelligence to aid the search for missing people and linking missing and unidentified cases
• Daily liaison with law-enforcement partners and other stakeholders, providing guidance and advice around missing and unidentified cases, and policy
• Administration of our specialised national database of missing, unidentified and come-to-notice cases, Hermes
• Carrying out open-source searches; cross-match searches of missing people with unidentified people, bodies and body parts using Hermes; and analysis of results
• Facilitating the exchange of information connected with the search for missing children and adults, nationally and internationally, including the provision of specialist advice.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Good understanding of UK legislation affecting agency activity.
- Report writing/drafting and presentation skills.
- Proven experience of working to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Research, risk management and problem solving skills.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).