Do you share our passion for combating poverty and hunger? Join us in helping to change lives.
Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank are looking for a committed Operations and Volunteer Coordinator to maintain and develop a safe and efficient operating environment for our staff, volunteers and service users.
This role would give you the opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative Foodbank and to improve the lives of people in our community.
During the Covid-19 outbreak, we are delivering our services differently for the short to medium term. Our staff and volunteers are working from a distribution centre and we are delivering food to clients. We will go back to working in our office and Foodbank centres when it is safe to do so; therefore, this role may at the outset include working from the distribution centre, our offices and/or partly from home.
• Supervise Foodbank operations in Fulham, Shepherds Bush and White City
• Recruit, select, induct and train volunteers
• Supervise and support volunteers, including managing conflict and difficult situations
• Maintain a safe system of work at the Foodbank’s offices and centres
• Ensure health & safety compliance and quality assurance is maintained
• Communicate safeguarding concerns to the Safeguarding Lead
• Administer systems in relation to referral partners
• Administer the annual quality assurance process with the Trussell Trust
• Educated to at least A Level or equivalent, with relevant experience
• An operational or office management role, coordinating people
• Experience of successfully coordinating staff or volunteers
• Experience of writing and delivering training content
• Ability to manage and prioritise tasks in a busy environment
• Ability to write clear and concise reports for management
• Digital skills and an interest in developing new working practices
• Commitment to social justice and tackling poverty
• Empathetic, with the ability to work with a diverse range of people
About Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank:
We are the Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank, an independent charity, and a proud member of the Trussell Trust Foodbank Network, providing a range of essential services for people who need help in our community. Our mission is the prevention and relief from poverty. But we don’t ‘just’ provide food. We know that by the time someone comes to the Foodbank, there may be wider issues needing support; which is why we also offer professional advice through our partners at H&F Citizens Advice and H&F Law Centre. We offer free talking therapies, deliver Eat Well Spend Less Courses and run an art class and holiday clubs We believe in helping ‘the whole person’ when possible and aim to respond quickly to the needs we see around us.
Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and volunteers. We serve a diverse part of London and we would particularly welcome applications from residents of Hammersmith and Fulham.
We are a charity founded on Christian principles. We do not expect every member of the team to be a Christian but we do ask for a shared commitment to our aims and values.
An Enhanced Criminal Records check is required for this role as we work with vulnerable people in society.
Location: Based at St Matthew’s Church, Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, SW6 2TX, with regular visits to Foodbank centres
Job type: Full Time, 37.5 hours a week with occasional evening and Saturday work
Term: Funded for 2 years, with a possibility of further extension
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 per annum, depending on skills and/or experience
Benefits: Includes 33 days annual leave, the afternoon off work on your birthday and cycle to work scheme.
Closing date for applications: this is set for 20th October but we may bring this forward depending on the number of applications, so please do apply as soon as you can.
Strictly no agencies please.
You may have experience of the following: Operations Coordinator, Operations Administrator, Office Administrator, Office Admin, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit Volunteer Coordinator, Trainer, Volunteering, Volunteer Recruitment, Volunteering Coordinator, Voluntary Sector, etc.
£28000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 month ago