Operations Manager – Interim
Interim Operations Manager required to join our New Waste Treatment Facility (NWTF) in Derby. The NWTF is a waste processing, recycling and gasification facility in the centre of Derby designed as a long-term treatment facility for most of the residual household waste in Derby and Derbyshire. Renewi's role is currently to preserve the plant, check existing equipment and documentation prior to the recommissioning stages.
This an opportunity for a confident leader to play a critical role, initially in bringing the existing operational team closer together as a unit and managing their interface with the Project team more effectively.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
• Organisation of flexible shifts and rotas to meet changing work requirements but typically spanning 24/7/365
• This role is likely to assume full responsibility for all site preservation activities and 24/7 security from later this autumn
• Re-examine staff competencies, RAMS and training
• Take a lead as the senior manager responsible for SHEQ in driving more proactive SHEQ reporting on site (e.g ‘near hits’) as well as other safety essentials such as PTW all in accordance with wider company procedures and processes
• Effective liaison with the Environment Agency ensuring all statutory returns associated with the existing permit are carried out on time in full
• As the senior line manager for the operations team the Interim Operations Manager will also ensure Renewi HR policies, procedures and initiatives are fully implemented and effectively communicated
Operations Manager Requirements:
• Energy from Waste or Waste Processing Plant - operational and/or maintenance experience
• Understanding of the environmental reporting obligations of a large waste management facility
• Awareness of standards and regulations governing waste processing technologies.
• Understanding of critical SHEQ legislation, policies and procedures
• Strong understanding of and experience in developing an effective safety culture
• Proven leadership skills gained building, running and developing teams
• Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills at all levels
• IT literate and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Profit & loss/cost centre management experience
• A flexible approach to hours in order to be able to effectively support a 24/7 operation
• Effective organisation skills – ability to set and manage own work programme.
• Coaching and training skills – ability to support management and staff as needed
About Renewi plc:
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
The UK Services Division of Renewi PLC employs approximately 700 employees over 39 locations and collectively we handle more than 1.97 million tonnes of waste annually, achieving a 73% recycling and recovery rate.
As a Group, Renewi PLC employs approximately 8,000 employees over 250 locations in 9 countries in Europe and North America. Collectively we handle more than 15 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve a 90% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. We have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.
Job type: Full Time, Contract
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Head of Operations, Waste Management, Project Manager, Project Management, Programme Manager, Programme Management, Plant Manager, Shift Manager, Site Manager, etc.
Operations Manager – Interim