We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
To submit requests to NR Area Access Planning via PPS and Green Zone Recording System and ensure that all requests meet required NR timescales.
What will this role involve?
- Responsible for production of the projects Possession Register, ensuring all additional requests i.e. outside of NR planning timescales, are submitted and tracked via PPS and business/safety case justification
- The Identification of Possession Opportunities in order to enable optimisation of possible work sites
- To assist with the allocation of work arising; manage late notice requests submitted through to T&A control
- Ensure that all Short Notice Requests are submitted through PPS to the Area
- Responsible for checking and inputting all requests into PPS
- Attend PL5, ADM and DPPP meetings to ensure all PPS submissions are included and correct for delivery of projects
- Attend internal Project start-up meetings and subsequent Project progress meetings to ensure the correctness of all possession requirements in the register and subsequent requirements are acknowledged and logged
- Knowledge of work to be undertaken on each scheme to ensure application for possession/worksites is correct to enable successful delivery
What are we looking for?
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Word & Excel, PPS and GZ planning)
- Experience of works planning and scheduling within the operational railway environment
- Ability to absorb and recall large quantities of information quickly Ability to influence decision-making with good verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of people both internally and externally of the company IOSH working safely
- Environmental awareness
- Tool Box talk
- Knowledge of the Wessex route would be beneficial.
What makes this role unique?
You will review all possession documentation issued for Area/NAU and identify any changes or errors that would affect the safety of the possessions.