Oracle Engineer (Fusion, SOA, OBIEE)| Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an Oracle Engineer within our Support Centre in Dunstable. Looking for the opportunity to manage the whole Oracle Fusion/SOA/OBIEE product suite? Would you like the chance to be involved with bleeding-edge technologies? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
About the role:
The move to Fusion has been to support the Executive Board’s vision to grow and innovate our core businesses, focus on our strengths to grow internationally, and build the capability to support future growth.
The deployment of Fusion and supporting applications (OBIEE, HFM, SOA, CBD/EDB etc) has brought into focus the need to establish a dedicated team to manage this suite of applications which underpin both critical business functions and processes for Premier Inn & Restaurants.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accountable for the live (BAU) Oracle Fusion Public/Private cloud technical estate, middleware, reporting and integrations solutions.
- Accountable for ensuring the necessary environments are in place for the product being delivered (virtual and physical)
- Owns the definition of KPIs to monitor and improve environment performance, availability and utilisation
- Owns Fusion technical landscape and owns input into functional roadmap projects
- Responsible for current capacity and future growth of solution as well as feeding into Whitbread Infrastructure capacity planning
- Part of a virtual team including Env Mgr, Patch & Rel Analyst, Test Manager, Systems Accountant and third-party suppliers to ensure the stable and performant operation and maintenance of integrated landscape
- Is accountable for (via third party agreements) all Fusion Public/Private Cloud landscapes and associated integrations, middleware and reporting.
- Creates the strategy for the landscape to ensure the product set remains in full support and accommodates change to meet our strategic and everyday business needs.
- Leads the thinking in working with the cloud with Finance and establishes relevant standards and procedures
- Assess the technical implications of regular patches and releases across the associated landscape
- Takes responsibility for investigative technical work to assist in escalated incident and problem resolution and uses expertise to offer solution options and recommendations and to direct third parties in their investigations
- Work with Security Architecture Team to establish and maintain best practice across estate
- Trouble shoots technical related issues encountered during development or deployment
- Facilitates data requirements across all environments
- Helps with the integration of external applications and dependencies
- Works with Patching & Release Analyst to track and coordinate release schedules
- Provides occasional out of hours support for major incidents requiring 2nd / 3rd level analysis, working with 3rd parties to ensure swift resolution
- Support the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Fusion Public/Private cloud estate
What you’ll need:
- A background as either an Oracle DBA or Oracle Developer
- Strong skills in Linux shell scripting
- Experience supporting Oracle applications (such as HFM, OBIEE, E-Business Suite)
- Experience of reviewing Patch / Upgrade release notes and technical change action plans.
- Experience managing 3rd parties and virtual team members in the patching and upgrade cycle.
- Experience in managing external IT service providers.
- Oracle Public/private cloud technical architectures
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle Fusion SAAS architecture and Fusion SAAS reporting technology
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle middleware applications OBIEE, SOA
- Middleware architectures / configurations and operations (such as SOA) and Public/Private Cloud Hosting.
- Web services
- Clustering and load balancing, Service monitoring tools, Security environments.