Buxton, DB, GB, SK17 6AQ
Buxton based but flexibility on your location with in the UK if you are willing to travel regularly.
Salary: £32,000 – 40,000 per annum (depending on experience), + excellent companywide benefits.
We are looking for a Packaging Specialist to join our Nestlé Waters business; based at our Buxton site primarily you will support the development and introduction of new packaging and processes across our Nestlé Waters factories and our third parties, whilst also providing wider technical support to our commercial teams in relation to packaging, processes and technologies.
Nestlé Waters is the world leader in the bottled water market, we are committed to bottling the very best waters from the source and straight to our customers via the most advanced, and sustainable techniques currently employed.
We have a genuine passion for healthy hydration, a fabulous portfolio of brands, a clear strategy and a determination to win in the marketplace of both consumers and customers. During 2012, we’ve developed a state-of-the-art production facility in Buxton and we have centred there our ensuring supply operations.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
As a packaging specialist, you will lead and contribute to NPD packaging projects, supporting both the factory and commercial teams on multiple projects whilst driving and ensuring compliance to Nestlé and external standards and policies are met.
Key day-to-day activities:
• Lead packaging development projects from concept to industrialisation using the end-to-end gate process within multi-disciplined project teams, with focus on line performance, cost efficiency on time delivery and product quality.
• Supporting Nestle Waters UK in achieving the ambitions set out in the Sustainability roadmap.
• Support and document product trials.
• Optimization/improvement of current products and processes within factory(ies) using local business and supply situations.
• Work with suppliers to understand the end-to-end impact of our materials & palletised products in relation to sustainability.
• Support Packaging Head Office and Procurement in the selection, assessment and development of new suppliers/converters.
• Implement packaging related quality and compliance directives.
• Drive quality improvements in packaging.
• Involved in or lead packaging supplier audits (depending on experience)
• Support technology and know-how transfer to the factory
• Be the knowledge owner for your area of expertise.
• Manage all other factory specific packaging administration.
We are very open to consider candidates from across the manufacturing environment who may not currently be in a packaging position but have the knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the science and engineering associated with packaging Materials within the Waters product portfolio.
Key attributes we are looking for:
• Preferably but not essential, a Degree or HNC in Packaging/Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Materials Science, Printing, Manufacturing Excellence or equivalent qualification from a technical background.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing, QA and supply chain quality systems including the Nestle Food Safety and Quality Management system (NQMS, NGMP, HACCP)
• Detailed understanding of packaging Safety, Quality and Compliance requirements. Ideally, level A or B in packaging safety and compliance would be advantageous.
• Working knowledge of the working knowledge of I2L and associated product development processes.
• Packaging materials and process awareness including knowledge of materials, production processes, conversion and suppliers.
• Experience managing multiple development projects from concept to launch.
• Record of proactive continuous improvement involvement.
• Confidence and ability to escalate issues to the appropriate functional person responsible, ability to challenge peers when necessary.
• Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the business.
• Proactive training and coaching capability to enable knowledge transfer to peers and operators.
• Passionate about the products, consumers and category.
• Committed to manufacture of safe and compliant products.
• Have an analytical mind-set and the ability to problem solve complex issues.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, 25 days holiday’s per year, flexi days, private health care and pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 31st October 2020, we will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?