This is an exciting time for the team as we look to expand and recruit for a Paralegal. We have a fantastic office based in Lincoln which has a superb culture. You will be working as part of a friendly team that works closely with our Claims and Recoveries teams, and Letting Agent Partners to resolve claims made through our Rent Guarantee and Legal Services products.
- Draft and serve notices seeking possession pursuant to the relevant sections of the Housing Act 1988;
- Draft and issue claim forms and particulars of claim relating to possession proceedings and debt claims;
- Prepare hearing bundles for our solicitors advocates, Defendants and the Court
- Conduct review hearings with duty advisors and the Defendants in the proceedings
- Take instructions and draft replies in relation to defended litigation;
- Enforce orders of the Court, with regard to recovering possession, outstanding rent arrears and legal costs;
- During peak periods of demand, you will also support your colleagues in the Claims and Recoveries teams with handling pre-litigation matters under the terms of our Rent Guarantee insurance lines.
- You will need excellent organisational skills and the ability to independently manage own caseload, in order to comply with Court and legislative timescales
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail is vital given the legal nature of the work being undertaken
- You will be a competent and professional communicator, in both written and verbal forms, with the confidence to discuss contentious issues and seek instructions from clients
- Having a strong sense of responsibility and ownership towards your workload and clients
- You will need the ability to stay calm under pressure
- You will have at least 12 months experience in a regulated environment, whether the regulator be the Financial Conduct Authority, Solicitors Regulation Authority or CILEx Regulation
- It would be advantageous for you to be a graduate in law or have achieved your L3 Diploma in Law & Practice with CILEx
We recognise the importance of continuing professional development for our employees and In addition to an excellent basic salary of £19,000, you will also have the opportunity to have your legal studies sponsored via CILEx Law School up to £10,000.00 over 4 years! (depending on your existing level of studies).
We also offer some fantastic perks! Our office benefits from a ‘Chill Out’ room including a pool table, TV and games consoles, free parking, free tea/coffee and fresh fruit daily.