Due to growth Charles Taylor Adjusting are looking for an additional headcount for their finance team. This role will be based two days in our Guildford office and 2 days in our London office. The other day could be worked at either location or from home (once training is completed).
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work autonomously and work closely with key senior people in the business.
- Assist with the transition of acquired business’ finance function in to Adjusting finance function (new systems and processes)
- Assume role of management accountant for acquired business and act as finance business partner to business units.
- To carry out monthly variance analysis of revenue and expenses versus budget/forecast, investigating any variances and dealing with accordingly eg. Prepayments & accruals.
- To produce the monthly Cognos submissions
- To carry out monthly balance sheet reconciliations, in order to inquire about any old balances to make sure balances are cleared, where possible. These include accrued income, deferred income, trade debtors, sundry creditors, sundry debtors, prepayments & accrued expenses.
- To produce the quarterly VAT return
- To review capital expenditure on a monthly basis, calculating the depreciation charge
- Review and management of debtor and WIP balances
- Weekly sales imports and revenue reconciliation
- Assisting client accounts bordereaux reconciliation
- To assist in the production of the annual statutory accounts
- Assist the budget and various reforecasting processes
- Other office ad hoc when needed
Qualification / Knowledge and Experience
Essential Part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
Minimum 3 years responsibility for producing management reports including P&L’s, knowledge of UK Vat guidelines, working knowledge of excel basic to intermediate formulas, ideally a self-starter. Experience with Sage 50 accounts and Sage 50 Payroll
Useful Knowledge of accounting procedures for ‘time and materials’ revenue
model (eg consultancy, accountancy, law firm)
Skills Excellent communication and collaboration skills with demanding & challenging internal customers.