Harris Primary Academy Beckenham is currently looking to appoint a part-time 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to join its team of specialists on a fixed-term contract.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will support a named child and will:
- Liaise with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND pupils is effectively implemented;
- Attend to the pupil's personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters;
- Establish good relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
This role is offered as a fixed-term contract until July 2021.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a multitude of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career, whether in our central team or in one of our 49 academies. Join us in our mission to positively contribute to cultivating an exceptional learning environment for all our students.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will possess:
- Qualifications to GCSE Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing