Who we are
We are small but highly performing company where every employee makes a difference. We are specialists in video over IP and use this knowledge in value-added distribution, platform design, system integration, project management, support and consultancy. In partnership with our technology suppliers we work in collaboration with the most progressive broadcasters in the industries on their most critical projects.
We've been at the front of the network and video convergence for over a decade. It’s this knowledge and experience that makes us the go-to solutions provider for design teams across the broadcast industry.
If you love technology, pushing technical boundaries and are looking to join a team who really cares about exceeding expectations, Techex is the place for you.
Careers at Techex mean the freedom and support within our close-knit team to get the job done. We are an independently owned, growing organisation with a diverse mix of highly experienced engineers, developers, operations and finance professionals continually looking to challenge the status quo. If you thrive on a hands-on approach, being a trusted advisor to our customers and want unrivalled opportunities to develop yourself and your team, get in touch!
What you'll do
You will be reporting to the Finance Manager, working half-time, 4 hours each day, 5 days per week.
- Saving remittance advices to Accounts folder
- Following up on customer queries
- Downloading OV receipts from Stripe and update bank download file
- Posting AR receipts to Sales Ledger
- Monthly issue of customer statement
- Daily maintenance of Debtors Chased report and issue of weekly update
- Management of overdue receivables chasing customers where necessary
- Monitoring and update of credit ratings from Company Checks
- Saving invoices to Accounts folder
- Creation of PIN’s for stock purchases
- Downloading and posting overhead and courier invoices
- Investigation and resolution of pricing & delivery discrepancies
- Preparation of weekly PIN report for invoice approval
- Preparation of bi weekly GBP, EUR & USD payment runs for approval
- Loading of payment run data to HSBC.Net
- Preparation of Euro & USD remittances
- Daily download of transactions to cash book
- Coding and posting of receipts and payments
- Regular HSBCnet monitoring and notification of receipts
- Update of Daily Cash report
Petty Cash Management
- Processing of petty cash receipts
- Issue of cash reimbursement and reconciliation of float
- Monitoring of petty cash balance for replenishment
- Monitoring of entries in Nexonia system to ensure compliance with expenses policy
- Downloading and processing of online vendor transactions created on Corporate Credit card
- Creation of expense claims for Corporate Card transactions
- Updating Director’s expense claims adding receipts provided and reconciling entries
- Upload of expenses from Nexonia into accounting system
- Creation of cash expense payments
- Assist Finance Manager with business improvement initiatives
- Ad-hoc tasks may be assigned by members of the Techex team
What you'll bring
- Attention to accuracy & detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Exchequer ideal but not essential
- Ideally qualified to AAT Level 2 or equivalent
- Articulate with confident telephone manner
- Self-sufficient – ability to work unsupervised within processes
- Positive, enthusiastic and collaborative approach
- A fantastic environment to work where every contribution is valued
- Unrestricted opportunity for advancement at any time based on individual contribution
- Contributory pension scheme, matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Free parking at our Bracknell office
- Subsidised canteen facilities on site
- Awesome free, fresh coffee (and breakfast)!
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working environment
- Personalised continual professional development
Please include a cover note (approx. 200 words) describing why this is the right role and company for you, why you are looking for a part-time position and why we should interview you for this position. You will not be considered without this cover note.