At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
We are looking for a positive, compassionate and caring Support Worker to work within people’s homes in Stalbridge where we support people with a learning disability.
You will be responsible and involved in the everyday life of the people that we support, making sure that they are fully involved when it comes to receiving the support that they all need and want.
Supporting with daily living tasks, finances and managing their tenancy will be a large part of your role, but that's not all. Being a Support Worker means that you also get to create some fantastic memories and take part in the fun!
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings (ideal for you early risers!), evenings and sleep-ins (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements).
As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we want to hear from you. This role has a unique set of challenges, but our award winning training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can be, whether you have lots experience or are just starting out in your career.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract