It is really important that our team feel safe when coming to work. We are taking extra precautions in all of our homes, including having freely available PPE, enhanced cleaning, strict hand hygiene, daily temperature checks for all team members and access to the latest information and training. As well as this, we always ensure that we are working in line with the latest Public Health England guidelines. More information on COVID-19 and our commitment to our staff and residents can be found on our website.
Domestic Assistant - Hemel Hempstead, Herts
Location: St Pauls Care Centre, Long Mimms, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 5XW
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Job type: Permanent, part-time
Hours: 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
We need you now, they need you always...
St Pauls Care Centre is an 88 bedded care home with friendly team where you are sure to always receive a warm welcome. We support elderly residents with a variety of care and nursing needs and the home is located within a delightful residential area in Hemel Hempstead, just a short walk away from the town centre and with access to the main bus routes.
We are currently recruiting a part time Domestic Assistant who will ensure the home is clean and odour free at all times. You will also ensure domestic and laundry services in the home are effectively managed. This role does involve working in an environment with elderly clientele so a kind, respectful and caring attitude must be upheld at all times.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme with instant cash rewards
- Great induction and on-going training
- Career progression and support in achieving nationally recognised qualifications
- 28 days holiday entitlement (pro-rata if part time), bank holiday pay enhancements, contributory pension scheme, free DBS (refunded upon completion of probation period), free uniform, long service awards and access to discounts from hundreds of nationwide high street and online stores through the Blue Light Card
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Clean all public areas, corridors and lounges regularly
- Clean residents' rooms whilst maintaining their right to privacy
- Ensure that all public areas and staff facilities meet company standards at all times
- Keep equipment maintained and stored properly
- Ensure that residents are helped to retain their dignity and individuality
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Health and Safety
- Understanding of COSHH
- Knowledge of Infection Control
- Housekeeping, cleaning, laundry and basic kitchen skills, including the safe use of equipment provided
- Some experience of working in a team
- Good health and fitness, the post involves lifting and requires physical stamina
Come and make a difference with the team at Westgate Healthcare! #CareWithUsAtWestgate
For more information on adult social care jobs with Westgate Healthcare visit our website westgatehc.co.uk or speak to a member of our recruitment team on 07508 907 679.
Due to a high volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age."