£12.00 per hour
21 Hours per week 3 days 8am – 4pm
Our client requires a competent maintenance technician
to oversee and carry out maintenance and compliance checks on the estate.
There may be routine office duties, as required, when the Estate Manager is
absent. The facilities/ maintenance technician must be reliable and have an eye for detail.
The technical skills will be those of basic plumbing, carpentry, administration and IT competence. The goal is that The Estate facilities are in a good and safe condition and that the
Estate Manager will have basic office support when absent
Effective communications must be established and maintained with residents and Management Committee
To be responsible for keeping the general facilities in good order and up to date. Ensuring that rules and regulations on site are observed. To be skilled in a variety of areas such as painting, basic plumbing, carpentry, and basic electrical systems.
Will include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventories, scheduling, and carrying out routine basic repairs. Plus ensuring all health and safety and fire assessment advice is followed and good housekeeping is adhered to.
* Assist with the preparation of weekly maintenance schedules, carrying out the work required and updating records.
* Inspecting and maintaining facilities and building systems (heating, ventilation, doors etc.) regularly.
* Logging and reporting all technical faults and and ensuring that all equipment fixtures and fittings are in good working order.
* Assist with monitoring and maintaining materials and equipment and updating the inventory.
* Assist and participate in the coordination of projects (eg renovations) to support the Estate Manager.
* Assist in the adherence of quality standards, health, and safety and hre regulations.
* Covering essential duties for the Estate Manager as necessary, opening the post, managing site visitors etc.
* General Porterage as required such as furniture moves, deliveries, and collections.
* Coordinating parking availability and that the rules are followed.
* Carrying out risk assessments of communal spaces.
* Working closely with the Estate Manager.
* Proven experience asa maintenance technician or similar role
* Technical knowledge of building, electrical and heating systems.
* Understanding of Health and Safety regulations and practice.
* An eye for detail - to notice what needs doing or repairing.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to use Microsoft Office.
* Flexibility and willing to work outside office hours.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good organisational skills.
* Proactive and responsive.
* Can work to a deadline
* Competitive Salary
* Company Phone when covering for Estate Manager
* Pension Scheme
* Attractive working environment
* 20 annual leave days per annum
Role: Part Time Painter / Maintenance
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Brighton, East Sussex,
Apply for this job now.
16 days ago
Part Time Promotions