United Response is a leading national disability charity and we are looking for compassionate individuals to join our supported living service in Liskeard as Support Workers.
Here at United Response we passionately believe in supporting people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, autism and mental health needs. With the help of Support Workers who share in our core values, the people we support in Liskeard are able to live full and sociable lives that involve interacting in the community without barriers.
What would you be doing?
- Assisting with jobs around the house
- Teaching and developing life skills
- Encouraging the people we support to access the community
- Accompanying on trips and leisure activities
- Personal care
- Taking an interest in the lives of the people we support
What makes a good Support Worker?
Previous experience in a Support Worker type role is not essential, what is most important is that you are an empathetic, resilient and robust individual with a genuine passion for supporting others. Having the ability to think on your feet is an important skill for this role as it means that you will be able to adapt to the needs of the people you are supporting.
To be considered for this post you must hold a full drivers licence.
What you get from us?
As a Support Worker not only will you get immense job satisfaction and be part of an organisation that takes care of its staff but also:
- £9.30 per hour (30 hours per week)
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers