One role would be 24 hours a week and the other 21 hours a week.
The candidate will be required to provide a time limited practical and emotional support service to service users living in their geographical locality typically following a hospital stay to re-enable independent living.
Provide reactive, focused and flexible support to adult either following a hospital stay to enable early discharge when clinical needs have been met or to those living in the community to prevent hospital admission. The candidate will assist the Independent Living Service Coordinator by undertaking duties required to meet service users' needs in order to re-enable service users to remain in their own home and prevent hospital re-admission. Referrals may require the support worker to take the patient home from hospital to enable their discharge.
* Provide assistance to a person returning from hospital or medical facility and those identified by local health professionals as being at risk of a further decline in health or without a support mechanism
* Take/ accompany service users to attend hospital appointments or other activities as required in the care/support plan using your own or the client's vehicle provided
* Have the ability to provide on-going assessment of service users' needs, to develop a support plan to meet these needs and provide appropriate support to achieve positive outcomes
* Reporting and recording or activities undertaken and highlighting any changes in a service user's condition and ensure that appropriate actions are taken is their health deteriorates
* Liaising with health, housing and other professionals to ensure that the needs of the individual are consistently met
* Ensure as safe as possible a living environment for service users through carrying out risk assessments and providing information or advice whilst respecting their individual dignity, choice and rights
* Carry out follow up welfare checks and visits as required and assist service users with their activities to re-enable their daily living skills for up to the maximum support period
* Signpost to further support available
Key Knowledge Experience:
* Able to travel around the area as required
* Manual Driving Licence for at least two years and access to own vehicle
* Willingness to work flexible hours
* Educated to GCSE Level (or equivalent by experience)
* IT Literate
* Knowledge of supporting service users who may be disabled and/or frail, cognitively impaired and who may have dementia and menta health issues
* Working with individuals with a sensory or physical impairment or who may be frail due to old age
* Experience of volunteering
* Participation in a multi-disciplinary team environment
* Experience of delivering high quality services to the public
* Knowledge of services provided by the NHS and Social Care
* Working knowledge of health and safety practices
* Understanding of the Risk Assessment process
* Outside of clinically vulnerable category
* Enhanced adult DBS
Role: Part Time Support Worker X2
Job Type: Part Time
Apply for this job now.
21 days ago
Part Time Promotions