Part-time Therapeutic Foster Carer
North West England
£50-£100 per day
We are working with an established fostering agency who have recently launched an enhanced, therapeutic fostering service with a range of therapies to support foster carers and meet the needs of children.
Respite fostering gives support to families who are in need of a short break. Normally these families may be experiencing unusually high levels of stress and need to have short periods without the pressures of caring for their child or children. In many cases, families with a disabled child need a little time away from caring for a child with additional needs. Children are linked with a foster carers who will provide regular periods of short-break care, perhaps alternate weekends or at holiday times. Many foster carers who also work are able to provide this type of fostering.
If you want to work with children applying a healing, reflective and trauma sensitive approach, we would love to hear from you.
Our Foster Carers receive:
- Generous payments of up to £100 per day
- Membership to the Fostering Network
- Discounts on family days out, high street stores and much more
We support our Foster Carers with:
- Therapeutically trained Social workers to offer guidance, advice and support you in your own development, offering 24/7 support.
- Professional training including accredited qualifications in Counselling and therapeutic parenting
- Wellbeing/ Personal Development groups for carers
- Regular activities for children and young people such as forest walks, beach days and other social gatherings
- Therapeutic art and drama groups for young people
- Counselling for carers and children as needed
You can either look after a child in your own home, or you could stay with them in their home as a Peripatetic carer.
As a Foster Carer you will need:
- Availability during weekends and school holidays to commit to the care of one or more children
- Passion for children’s lives
- Be aged over 21
Maybe you are working in a profession which does not provide the flexibility needed to foster full time but would like the opportunity to give something back and help a family who need it the most.
Come and join us and make a difference.