Part Time Trade Mark Attorney (three days per week)
Our well-established and award-winning IP group is looking for an experienced Chartered Trade Mark Attorney to join our busy and expanding team, and hit the ground running on a number of active trade mark matters.
The successful candidate will be advising a range of exciting clients, from start-ups to global brands, many of which are household names. They will work closely with our Chartered Trade Mark Attorneys and trade mark paralegal, and be expected to manage their own caseload, and work on their own initiative, whilst being supported by an excellent team.
The ideal candidate will have a commercial and committed approach, a proven track record, and strong client care skills. Experience of the WebTMS database will be helpful.
Our trade mark portfolio management team advises clients on the full range of IP issues relating to trade mark clearance, prosecution and management of registered rights, as well as disputes before the IPO. We also handle designs and domain name portfolios. We work alongside the wider IP team, which includes IP litigators, paralegals, and trainees.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting and co-ordinating trade mark clearance searches;
- Advising on registrability and cost effective filing strategies;
- Filing and prosecuting trade mark and design applications around the world;
- Handling objections and oppositions;
- Managing and reporting watch notices;
- Instructing and overseeing the work of overseas attorneys;
- Preparing evidence and legal submissions to support registration, oppositions and cancellation actions, and other disputes;
- Preparing and negotiating co-existence and other agreements;
- Providing ad-hoc advice notes; and
- Managing cost estimates effectively and billing on a monthly basis.