Arm is seeking highly motivated and creative undergraduates to join our Cambridge, Manchester, and Sheffield-based teams working on state-of-the-art software.
In your cover letter please specify which year you will be graduating.
Our software supports a whole ecosystem, from embedded firmware through operating system kernels, compilers, libraries, developer tools, applications, and web technologies. We work in the open-source community, build tools to support our internal processes, and create commercial software products. Whatever your focus in software engineering, Arm will help you to grow your skills whilst working on projects that drive technology forward for our billions of end-users.[
Skills and experience that we look for in a successful Part-time Undergraduate
• Self-driven, independent problem solver, technically versatile, willing to be flexible and accept new challenges
• Studying towards a good degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or a related subject
• Great programming skills – At Arm we believe in using the right tool for the right job. Some of the languages in active use are C/C++/Java/Assembler/Typescript/Rust and Go. If your role needs you to pick up a new language, we can provide the time and the training to do so
• A solid understanding of common algorithms and data structures
• The ability to clearly communicate the progress of your work to the team
Other qualities that will help your CV stand out
• Experience in building software outside of the classroom – personal projects, hackathons, or internships
• Evidence of your passion for programming. If you can supply links to any of your projects online, we will take the time to look through them.
• An interest in how computers, compilers, or operating systems work
• Some low-level programming or debugging experience
• Contributions to open source projects
In parallel with your studies, for approx. 8 hours per month, you will be required to perform some project work, ambassador activities, and participate in learning and development relevant to a career at Arm. This will be followed by a longer period of full-time employment during the summer holidays where you will be aligned to a business group.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events