Part Time Weekend Domestic Assistant
We are looking for a confident Weekend Domestic Assistant with a passion for delivering outstanding care and cleanliness.
You’ll be working part time over 16 hours per week, making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Appletree Hospital.
Cygnet Appletree, near Durham, is a mental health hospital for women that includes Pippin Ward, a specialist PICU service and Bramley Ward, an acute service for women.
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
In this role you’ll:
- Ensure the Hospital maintains a high level of cleanliness
- Carry out daily & weekly cleaning regimes
- Maintain stock and ensure that equipment is clean & well maintained
- Employ safe working practices and adhere to health & safety procedures
- Comply with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
We're looking for people who have:
- Knowledge of COSHH (desirable)
- Experience in housekeeping or domestic work (desirable)
- Friendly, conscientious and a positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
In return we’ll offer you:
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Enhanced maternity
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.