Payroll Manager - Bristol
'Active' SC clearance is Essential
Experis are currently recruiting for a Payroll Manager position on a long term contract basis for a central government intelligence client. The successful contractor will be responsible for advising management across the business, up to Board level, on all aspects of the day-to-day pension and pay issues and all aspects of Transaction Support including advice on travel and subsistence activity and purchasing compliance.
- Manage each team supporting the business through policy development, planning, performance, service delivery and governance.
- Provide advice, both written and oral, to non-financial staff, including senior, up to Board level, on all aspects of pay and pension including the effect of any changes to taxation and pension regulations.
- Ensure that payroll and pension support and related systems are maintained and that either function delivers an effective overall service, in line with business requirements and both statutory and regulatory duties
- Manage projects, resources, programmes, planning activity or campaigns to ensure work is completed within agreed timescales/budgets and quality standards .
- Manage the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information and develop policy, reports and procedures and manage data systems across business areas.
- Develop and build internal and external partner relations working collaboratively to foster good relations.
- Work with government departments and attend working groups, government committees/ meetings.
- Manage the quality of service delivery, business and supplier performance, to ensure continuous improvement in service standards.
Key Skills / Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of PAYE and National Insurance and Tax operations and legislation for employees for the tax treatment of employees in both the UK and overseas preferably in a public sector context.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting policies and practices.
- Understanding of information management
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals