Gatwick, GB, RH6 0PA
Nestlé UK & Ireland
Pensions Finance Assistant
Salary up to £24,000 (dependant on experience) + potential bonus + other fantastic benefits
9 month Fixed term contract
If you have previous finance administration experience and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, working closely with many stakeholders across a large organisation then this could be your chance to join Nestlé UK’s in-house Pensions team as a Pensions Finance Assistant.
The Nestlé UK Pensions team of 42 people is based at our Head Office in Gatwick. The Pensions team supports over 34,000 pension fund members and manages over £5.5bn worth of assets. The role offers a great opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the Nestlé UK Pensions team as the person responsible for some of the key activities of the Pensions Finance team.
Nestlé UK & Ireland is a subsidiary of Nestlé SA, the world’s largest food and beverage company. Nestlé's purpose is enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. We want to help shape a better and healthier world. We also want to inspire people to live healthier lives. This is how we contribute to society while ensuring the long-term success of our company.
We have more than 2,000 brands worldwide, from global icons to local favourites, and here in the UK and Ireland we are a major player within the food industry. However, at Nestlé it’s not just our big brands that matter….it’s our people. In the UK and Ireland, across 20 sites, we employ over 8,000 people.
You will be an essential part of a small and dynamic in-house Finance team supporting the administration of Nestlé UK Pension Fund and the Cereal Partners UK Pension Fund. Your key activities and responsibilities of the role will include:
Banking & bank account management, including:
- Timely processing of daily receipts and payments in our financial systems
- Setting up of payment instructions in HSBCnet banking system to ensure timely payment in line with the Pension Funds’ agreed service levels
- Monitoring of account balances to ensure funds are available and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
External supplier invoice management, including:
- Creating, monitoring, and maintaining purchase orders for external services in line with Nestlé Procurement best practices
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure purchase invoices are approved and processed in financial systems to ensure on-time payment by Nestlé’s accounts payable team
- Support budget holders and external suppliers in resolution of any invoice and/or payment queries
- Responsibility for monitoring and posting of regular monthly transactions as part of the team’s month end processes.
In addition to this you will also be actively involved in the team’s ongoing continuous improvement activities, as well as supporting the Nestlé UK Pensions team with ad hoc questions and requests, and involved with responding to auditors’ requests during interim and year end audits.
To be successful, you’ll have previous experience of working within a finance role. Prior pensions experience may be an advantage, although this is not essential.
You should be comfortable working on your own initiative and be able to plan and prioritise work effectively in order to meet, at times, conflicting deadlines and timelines.
As the role involves working with a number of stakeholders within as well as external to the Pensions team you should be able to communicate effectively and be able to work collaboratively, and build solid working relationships with colleagues across different teams and functions.
Other skills required:
- Numeracy skills and analytical skill coupled with good attention to detail
- Good understanding of MS Excel. An understanding of SAP an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of other MS Office applications
The closing date for this role is 19th October 2020.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?