An exciting opportunity has arisen for a People Analytics Analyst to join the People, Engagement and Communications Division. As a member of the Workforce Planning and People Insights Team, you will work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to support the development of sophisticated people analytics to provide insight and enable data driven business decisions.
The team provides data-based evidence and insight across Dstl regarding long-term future workforce trends, medium and short-term workforce plans and the experience and dynamics of our workforce today. These outputs ensure our people plans, policies and processes are data driven and evidence based, employing horizon scanning, expert forecasting, workforce planning, and people analytics using qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
People analytics continues to grow in importance for PEC Division and as the profession moves towards utilising evidence in its different forms, and builds its capability in appreciating the value and implications of data, it is important that a clearly articulated evidence base can be accessed and utilised by HR professionals of all seniorities and capabilities.
• Support the Lead with developing hypothesis, building data models using advanced analytical techniques, machine learning, text analytics and models to provide insight
• Support the Lead to develop a comprehensive future proof strategic workforce and talent management plan aligned with the People strategy
• Develop MI Tools, Products and Techniques that further mature the analytics capability.
• Enhance and apply data science techniques to provide insights in People Data.
• Outline, explain and educate users where needed on the variations of human behaviour and personality, and its exhibition in the work setting.
• Conduct statistical analysis on bespoke questions to provide deeper understanding from experiences across the employee lifecycle
• Manipulate and analyse large volumes of information using appropriate tools and methods to verify data quality and use robust problem-solving abilities
• Complete Quantitative and Qualitative analysis
• Work in partnership with the HR Business Partners to deliver products based on user needs, carry out adhoc deep dive requests and complete returns to external partners
• Work in partnership with Finance colleagues and wider HR team to provide comprehensive workforce analysis that triangulates workforce information, finance and resourcing activity data to inform recruitment and retention activity
• Support the Workforce Planning and People Analytics Lead by identifying insights and recommendations in a manner that is easily understood and aids data driven decision-making
• Support the Workforce Planning and People Analytics Lead with the delivery of the People Data pack and insight for Executive, Board and Senior Leadership Team
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for someone who has:
• A firm knowledge and experience of data analysis, dissemination and presentation best practice
• Experience and understanding of Workforce planning.
• Strong analysis skills with competency in Data science techniques using R/Python
• Strong Technical ability to apply data science techniques
• Developed tools and models that support insight and can explain in a clear and concise manner.
• Proven ability to visualise information in a clean and concise manner
• Excellent relationship, communication and stakeholder engagement skills
• Good understanding of finance data and an ability to blend this with people data
• Good communication skills
• Good team working skills, with an ability to work autonomously, with pace and with attention to detail
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions