At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommended financial company in the UK. We are the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK.
For more than 150 years, people have been at the heart of all that is great about Royal London. We know that this is a difficult and uncertain time for everyone and are doing everything we can to support our customers, our people and candidates.
Maintaining the Spirit of Royal London is of paramount importance to us as we face new and different ways of working. That is why we are embracing technology throughout our recruitment process to support interactions. As you embark on your journey with us will engage with you via email, telephone and video to ensure we all remain safe. We are committed to wellbeing and at this challenging time, it remains our priority.
The People Services Delivery Manager is a key role within the People Team and is responsible for ensuring that an effective and efficient customer focused service is delivered across all People Services teams. You will oversee performance of the teams, regularly assessing performance to ensure high service levels at all times and will continually seek to identify opportunities to improve performance, customer satisfaction and efficiency. This role is part of the wider leadership team for the People function and you will liaise with senior stakeholders regularly and deputise for management. This role has a wide scope and requires you to be a hand on manager, continually supporting teams and improving processes.
- Proactively works with CoEs and HRBPs to convert strategy and policy developments into service operations.
- Is accountable for addressing customer service escalations and issues.
- Provides recommendations to People Leadership Team on opportunities to improve customer satisfaction.
- Supports the marketing of People Services to leaders and employees to build acceptance and encourage confidence in People Services.
- Takes overall accountability for the performance of People Services teams and for the performance and delivery of advisory and transactional services, HRIS and HR Consultancy support.
- Manages service performance to service level agreements (SLAs), ensuring that targets and objectives are met.
- Tracks and reports on the performance of SLAs and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and identifies opportunities to improve performance; i.e. by managing cost and improving efficiency.
- Develops and continually improves processes and systems that enable the capture of short and long term demand, resourcing and budget needs.
- Ensures People Services teams have a sound understanding of key OD / Reward / HR transactions and systems to provide clear explanations to the customer.
- Supports People Function Leadership with setting strategic direction, defining service objectives, managing service costs and managing people.
Skills and Experience
- Highly credible and technically proficient HR professional with a strong customer focus and experience of developing and delivering a broad HRSS service.
- Experienced manager who has lead teams across multiple departments with differing skill requirements.
- Creating and delivering key strategic objectives for the People Service team through continuous review of processes and motivation of key team members.
- Experience of systems design and implementation of processes.
- Good working knowledge of Success Factors and the abilities/ limitations of the systems and how to utilise these to our advantage.
- Past experience of managing People Services teams – Tier 0, Tier 1 (helpdesk) and Tier 2 (transactional support and advisory).
- Experience of working with SuccessFactors and understanding the implications of the system.
- Sound technical HR knowledge and experience to interpret and understand the impact of HR policy, procedures and legislation changes for People Services.
- Previous experience of resource / workforce planning that includes workforce capability as well as capacity.
- Strong senior stakeholder management with the ability to challenge and influence stakeholders using a range of appropriate techniques and approaches with all levels of stakeholders within the business.
- Past experience in a similar role managing multiple teams across various departments with the ability to manage multiple workflows and strategies.
- Knowledge of and experience in the application of continuous improvement methodologies including Process design.
- Commercial, pragmatic and business-focused problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of risk and control requirements within HR, Reward, ER and OD.
- Previous experience within the Financial Services industry understanding regulations and policies in place within the industry.
- Highly effective oral communication and presentation skills to engage with and influence a range of audiences.
- Analytical mind-set, strong attention to detail, and logical thinking.
- Resilient attitude with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We are an equal opportunities employer which means we believe in embracing difference as it makes us collectively stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
We also welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors. To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working to give you the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
The first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.